PDA

View Full Version : Phil & Teds E3 - Some Questions

amyjj
02-15-2005, 09:59 PM
We just ordered this stroller and of course I am starting to question our decision. E3 users - what do you love or hate about this stroller?

We're buying it as a multi-purpose stoller for our first child, liking the fact that it can easily accomodate a second child in a couple of years. I plan to use it for walking outdoors mostly on pavement, but some paths. Or course it will get some mall/store use as well. We will combine a graco snugride car seat with it for a travel system when needed.

Did you find the cocoon useful? Our baby is due June 1st, so I thought it might get hot in that bag during the summer. At what age do they grow out of the cocoon?

Comments on the weather shield?

Anyone travel with this stroller? Our should we just get an umbrella stroller for those flights to visit the grandparents?

Thanks!
Amy

diggin
02-16-2005, 02:52 PM
hi, i won't be able to answer all of your questions as i have only had mine for a week, but will do what i can! before i ordered mine i had bought a quite expensive 3-wheel tandem that i was disappointed in after just a month or two. i am very impressed with the e3 so far -- it immediately felt better than the other one.
i live in a small town and don't use a car, but rather walk everywhere i need to go. i have 3 children: my first turned 3 today, my second is 19 months and my third is 2 months old. i love that i can transport the two toddlers and wear my newborn or transport my newborn and middle son while my older son walks. we use it on cobblestone streets, in the forest, on trails, on asphalt -- you name it! with my third being a winter baby, we definitely wanted the cocoon -- depending on where you live, it may still be useful in the summer as well. i, personally, prefer having my children either in a sling or lying flat for the first several months. i have only ever used my carseats while in the car and never at home or on a buggy. if you were to order the cocoon, your child could lie flat and, depending on the weather, you can either have it zipped up to make the child feel secure or open to allow for air circulation. as far as how long the child can be in the cocoon. at 2 months my son is 23 inches long and he still has several inches left to grow into. i think we will be able to use it at least the first 4 months or so.
the first day i used mine i had to use the rain cover and i found it easy to attach and it sat firm without leaking (even though it was raining quite hard and was very windy).
i haven't travelled with it, yet, but as compact as it folds, i think it would be fine -- i have travelled with another buggy that was bigger and heavier without a problem.
i guess the one thing that is a little strange with it is that the child in the back does sit fairly low -- but in my experience, when the child in the back is equal in height or higher, the child in the front gets kicked, pushed, knocked on the head, etc. hahaha. the other thing i would recommend is getting the side bags! with the baby lying flat or with the second seat in the back, the basket it almost completely inaccessible. the bags are great -- very roomy!

good luck, hope my ramblings have helped you!

michi