PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Valco Twin Owners!

casey118
02-16-2005, 05:30 PM
It's crunch time- I must make a decision on a double stroller. I hope this question hasn't been beaten to death, but for those of you that have the Valco twin, has it sufficed as your only double stroller, or do you find that you really need something else for the mall, etc.? I have compared it to other strollers, and it really isn't much bigger that a Mac TT, just a little longer. Do you find that to be a problem? How about breaking it down to get in and out of your trunk? I really think I will use it more outsside than in, but don't want it to be totally impractical. (That being said, I see moms all the time pushing giagantic double tandems, and I don't think the valco can be worse than that!!!)

I'm also trying to figure out all of the new 05 improvements, but it seems like the biggest one is the split hood. If I have to I can wait for April. But if I am dreaming that the Valco can be my only stroller, I'll probably get the Mac TT and a less expensive jogger like the dreamer. If anyone can comment on the 05 improvements I would appreciate it. Thanks for your thoughts!

Mum-of-3-Lil-Herberts
02-17-2005, 09:43 AM
>It's crunch time- I must make a decision on a double
>stroller. I hope this question hasn't been beaten to death,
>but for those of you that have the Valco twin, has it sufficed
>as your only double stroller, or do you find that you really
>need something else for the mall, etc.? I have compared it to

>other strollers, and it really isn't much bigger that a Mac
>TT, just a little longer. Do you find that to be a problem?
>How about breaking it down to get in and out of your trunk? I
>really think I will use it more outsside than in, but don't
>want it to be totally impractical. (That being said, I see
>moms all the time pushing giagantic double tandems, and I
>don't think the valco can be worse than that!!!)
>
>I'm also trying to figure out all of the new 05 improvements,
>but it seems like the biggest one is the split hood. If I
>have to I can wait for April. But if I am dreaming that the
>Valco can be my only stroller, I'll probably get the Mac TT
>and a less expensive jogger like the dreamer. If anyone can
>comment on the 05 improvements I would appreciate it. Thanks
>for your thoughts!

I love my Valco Twin I have taken it to the mall 3 times now and its been great I have never had a problem getting it into any stores yet, and that includes the small gymboree store. Looks are very deceiving with the this stroller It looks huge but realy its quite small meaning narrow I had a peg twin aria before this and they are both the same width. I can acually fit this out my front door better than my Twin aria it used to scrap along the side of the door when getting it out but this clears it no problem.

I do however have a Mac quest and just got a P3 for quick errands I leave one in dhs car and one in mine and I have my 2 year old walk when we use these or we will take both and he uses one and I will use one. But when we take long trips to the mall or fair or long walks ect I use the Valco.

I dont know much about the 05 Valcos I think the Adjustable handle bar and independent canopys and also the new option for carseats will be the only changes. I think the colours are staying pretty much the same. I needed a double right aways as I sold my twin Aria or else I might of waited for the 05s to come out. I have had only one problem with my Valco and that is the back left wheel wobbles like it has a buckled tire someone on swap also had the same problem but I called Valco and they have amazing customer service and they are sending me a new wheel out free of charge. I love this stroller and my Dh told me it has been the best stroller I have purchased and he planning on jogging with it this spring I almost fell over when he said that as he never even looked twice at most of the strollers I have had :)

Victoria Mummy of Lila 05/99
Riley 09/2002
Tommy 10/2003

JodiM
02-18-2005, 03:28 AM
I think you will be able to use it for your everyday stroller, no problem.

I have the twin, the single runabout w/toddler seat, and the rebel w/toddler seat, and honestly, the twin isn't that much bigger... it looks huge, but size wise, it's only 29", which is the same size (or SMALLER!) than most sbs doubles on the market.

It folds fairly small, which is what originally sold me (even though I have a gigantic SUV, I have 5 kids that use up all the space!)

The differences for the 05, are going to be the canopies (2 instead of 1), an adjustable handle, the 05 will accept the car seat adapters, and will also have the 'easy snap' accessories.

I'm sure you wont be disappointed with this stroller.. it is sooo well made, and for what you get, it's a good value.

As to the waiting, I guess it just depends on how soon you need yours, the 05's will hopefully be out end of April.

I am actually going to sell my 04 (which is practially new, LOL) to get a 05... but mostly because my little guy has some health problems, and I don't want him outside any more than I have to in the cold months-- so I wont really use one until April or May anyway.