PDA

View Full Version : Please help me deal with Inglesina!

Tobie
02-17-2005, 10:26 AM
Hi Folks,

I'm new to this site and the forum, but I really need some help in dealing with the Inglesina company. After looking through a bunch of these postings, it seems as if a number of folks here really now their stuff, and how to navigate the "system" (especially the Strollerqueen--you rock!! I want you on my side when I'm trying to deal with the Inglesina people!).

Here's my deal (sorry for the long story--I'm venting too!)--I purchased an Inglesina Zippy stroller a little over a year ago when my daughter was born (late 2003). Approximately one month after I purchased it, the pin that holds the left front wheel broke off. When I called the USA customer service number, they told me that I could send it to back to their factory to get fixed. However, when I inquired if the company could send me a replacement stroller in the meantime so I could still travel with my daughter, the customer service rep said that they could not do that (and very rude about it, too). Since I couldn't get around without a stroller (I live in New York City), I was able to get to an Inglesina retailer (BuyBuyBaby), where they screwed the wheel back on for me.

About a week and a half ago, the pin holding the right front wheel broke off. I took it back to BuyBuyBaby where they screwed it back on for me, but the stroller is now making weird squeaking noises, and the turning radius is very stiff. I don't know what the warranty is on my stroller (as the paperwork is at home, and I am currently at work), but I assume it has expired because it has been more than one year (I'm honest).

I called the CS line, and talked to Chris Warner who was incredibly rude. I asked to talk to the manager for additional assistance, and Stellario D'urso called me back, and was also pretty rude to me. He said that I could send the stroller to the factory, and they would fix it and Inglesina would take care of the bill. I don't think that BuyBuyBaby did a satisfactory job either time in fixing my stroller (not Inglesina's fault). I have recently purchased a light weight stroller (SC Micro--gosh, I hope that works out!), so I was going to send the Zippy back to Inglesina's factory in Long Island to fix it. It is so absurd that I had to buy another stroller just to get the old stroller fixed!! However, when I called the factory, the mechanic said that it would cost ME $50 to fix it!

My goodness-I paid $300 dollars for a stroller that has broken twice in a little over a year, the customer service is abysmal (and nobody even faked a case of empathy to help me. I work in a customer service field, and I truly believe that the customer is always right--and even when they're not, you have to be as empathetic as possible to at least show that you care). And now I have to pay an additional $50 to get this stupid thing back in working/safe condition!! NO WAY!!

I saw on the message boards that there was some batch of Inglesinas in 2003 (that's when we got ours) that had faulty wheels, and Inglesina paid for the replacement of them. How can I tell if my stroller is in that batch, and if that's the case, how Inglesina will pay for the repair? Even if it's not in that batch, I think that Inglesina should have to pay for fixing the wheels or give me a replacement stroller....something!! Is there anyone on this message board that can help me, or tell me what to do to get around this mess? I am so incredibly disappointed with the company and their product.

Thanks for your help,
Tobie