PDA

View Full Version : Take Me Too! by Evenflo, Duoride by Graco or Universal Express Rider by Kolcraft??

Sara_Avery_1more
02-17-2005, 03:44 PM
I am trying to decide which kind of double stroller to buy. I am due in Aug with #2 and #1 will be 2 1/2. I like the Evenflo one b/c my infant carrier will fit on that, but I'm not sure how easy it is to maneuver. The Graco one doesn't look as big, but not sure if a newborn can sit in one of the seats. And the Kolcraft one, just b/c it's a little cheaper and will also fit the carrier. So any opinions on either of these. I want to spend under $200. Or any other suggestions would be appreciated. My infant carrier is an Evenflo Discovery.

Thanks!!

MamaKath
02-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Sara,
Welcome and Congrats!!! Life as a mom of 2 is a whole new wonderful world of experiences!

I'll give you my thoughts, though I have not owned them. In general, most tandems are difficult to push with bigger kids or children of varying weights in them. This rings especially true when your older child rides in the front. Many moms prefer the side by side (SBS) models as they can promote sibling relations as well as being easier to push. I would also check places like Ebay and StrollerSwap (Yahoo group) as they often have better brands at discounted prices either new or very gently used.

The Kolcraft is easy to attach a carrier too (it is a matter of reclining the seat and attaching a "luggage" strap to hold your carrier in). It is not super deluxe, has a low weight limit of 35 lbs. per seat, and the steering is difficult.

The Graco is okay. Some of the girls on here purchase this one used or clearanced to use with their infant seats (the Graco Snugride is very popular, so many have them from their first). The steering is okay, the seat size is okay, fold is nice, basket is huge. The resale on them is pretty good too, making it a plus if you are planning on upgrading.

The Evenflo Take Me Too is a bit newer than the other 2 models. It comes in 2 versions. I have heard of problems with the plastic breaking from use of the infant seat (attaching it). I think the steering on this one by far is the best, mainly because the infant is meant to ride in front. The front seat is REALLY tiny! My guys would have been out of it by age 1 easily. The canopy would be useless once the child is taller than the seat since it is so close. I love that an older sibling could climb in and out easily though. Very practical.

I would really think about how you plan to use a stroller before purchasing though. Your needs may greatly change, as it is more difficult to get out with 2.

When I became a mom of 2, trips to the mall became rare events, and usually meant another adult (who could also push a single stroller) coming along. If I went to a big box store (Walmart, Target, K Mart, etc) a sling and a cart worked well (or if you use an infant bucket carseat, that on a cart). Mainly I realized I needed a stroller to walk in my neighborhood, something I didn't do much before. I quickly learned that my older child could not keep up on those treks. Those became my sanity savers, and I needed something that worked for those more than any other outings. Just my experience, but hope it helps illustrate a bit of the changes you may encounter.

Good luck, and happy shopping!!! :-)

Sara_Avery_1more
02-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the post. The Graco stroller that I was talking about is actually the side by side model. I didn't think that an infant carrier could be used with that kind, but maybe I misunderstood.

Also the Take Me Too front seat does look very small and from what I've read the infant carrier only fits in the back. Not sure how well DD will fit even though she is on the small side, but will be 2 1/2 when #2 comes and will sit up front.

I mostly will need a double for going for walks, to the park, to the zoo and the mall. Usually I will have DH come for trips to the mall, zoo, aquarium and other places like that. But I was thinking I'd rather have 1 stroller than have to load and unload 2 separate strollers for 2 kids.

mmaimp
02-18-2005, 08:28 PM
If you want a stroller for mainly outdoor use the Instep Safari TT Double seems to get good reviews. I'm concidering this one over the Valco Double but would like to compare both before I decide.

Here is a link for the stroller.

http://www.joggingstroller.com/brand/instep/safari-double.shtml?engine=bizrate&keyword=instep_safari&amount=.10