PDA

View Full Version : P3 Vs. Zooper Waltz

Twins2000
02-17-2005, 05:43 PM
I am expecting my third (and last) child this June, and have been researching and obsessing over strollers for the past few weeks now. After going to plenty of stores and spending a lot of time on the internet, I think I've narrowed down my choices to the P3 and Zooper Waltz. Any help/advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated. Here is what I like about each....

P3 - I have heard nothing but praise from friends and other moms who own them in terms of its durability/ease of use, etc. I like its steering, it's compactness when closed, its plushness (more plush than Waltz), it's relative ease in closing (especially the '05), its child cup holder, and toddler ride on board (though my twins would fight over who gets to ride on it), and (at least the '05) can accomodate infant carrier.

Zooper Waltz - It seemed easy to open/close, steered well, has the one bar vs. the umbrella style holders to push, can accomodate infant carriers (though I'm not sure if it can take my 2000 Century infant seat - should I get a new one, is 5 years old too old for a carseat???), seems nice and sturdy, I've heard they have great customer service (I talked to a person at Lan Enterprises (make the Zoopers) and they assured me that the problems with the '04 model were corrected/updated with the '05), it comes with the boot thing, rain cover and mesh canopy for summer, and of course, it is significantly cheaper than the P3 (both '04 and '05 models)

Again, any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Leslie

pittsburghgirl
02-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Zooper does have great CS. I have an 03 ZStreet, a snap broke on my hood and I had a new one no charge within a week. The included accessories are great, although to be honest I don't use them that much since I live in the suburbs and am in the car more often that not. I have used all of them, though at various times.

I have to say, I would not personally buy the Waltz. I don't like the single bar or the fold. I have a sedan and it would take up too much of my trunk. I find that I can steer my ZStreet (predecessor to Swing) easily with one hand, although not everyone agrees. The Swing is a closer match to the P3 in terms of style and features (I haven't seen the 05 IRL yet though.) Of course, more expensive than the Waltz, but less than the P3.

(If I had been sure I would have another DC I might have gone with the P3 for the kiddy board alone (alas I don't think we will be lucky enough to conceive again so we went with the cheaper option.))

As to the car seat, you should post on the car seats forum about the age of your seat.... you will get an answer from one of the CPS techs who posts and they know what they are talkin' about!

HTH, good luck deciding!

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050120/1/0/1/-5/.png

Twins2000
02-17-2005, 06:31 PM
Thanks for your input Marilee.

I saw the '05 Swing at Pottery Barn and liked its plushness, but I thought the stroller seemed kind of wide (due to the wheels in the back) and I liked the way the Waltz closes better (it was easier for me and it could stand up after being folded, which the Swing could not). Also, the Waltz was a little bit lighter.

Thanks for suggesting I post my infant seat question! I wasn't thinking!

P.S. You never know about conceiving - I needed fertility drugs the first time around (thus, the twins). This time, I couldn't believe I was actually pregnant, I thought the test must have been mistaken! Good luck!