PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Bumbleride Flyer stroller owners

jennifer_r
02-17-2005, 06:29 PM
I am seriously considering this stroller. I'd like to hear all input, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Also, what color you have and how it wears and if it shows dirt, spitup, etc. Also, when do you use it and how does your child like it (and how old or big he/she is). And anything else you think I might find useful.

TIA

Jennifer

Mom to:
Christopher 12/29/89
Adelaide 8/23/04

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_rosequartz_3m.gif[/url] 5 months and counting!

f_steph
02-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Hi Jennifer,

I just bought the Bumbleride Flyer (to replace the Graco Metrolite LE I couldn't stand!) It is a beautiful stroller, the fabric is simply gorgeous. I love the revfersible handles since my son is only 3 months old but pretty much as outgrown is Snugride and has to ride in the stroller alone. It rides really well even on snowy sidewalks (I'm in New England) I've had it only for 1 week but so far so good!

Stephanie
Mom to:
William 11/17/04

mabun3
02-18-2005, 03:08 PM
I haven't used mine very much because DH put it in the back of his car and I keep forgetting to get it out!

However, I like this stroller but it is BIG. The wheels are the main cause of this. They are large and great for outdoors. I pushed it easily over grass and uneven ground/sidewalks. I use it only as my outside walk or long trip stroller.

I got the pumpkin color and it is beautiful. The fabric is very luxurious. The padding is great. It sits up very straight and reclines flat. It is very easy to recline one handed. Isabella is 6 months old and loved riding in it. I wanted to try my 3 year old but he wouldn't get in. Since his baby sister came along, he won't do anything babyish!! He is a big boy, don't you know!! LOL

The fold is easy to do but definitely 2 handed.

The reversible handle is nice and easy to do. It has a adjustable handle which is nice.

The basket is huge. It has a nice size pocket on the hood. The hood does come forward quite a big but I don't think down to the napper bar.

Overall, I really like this stroller. If it folded more compactly, it would probably be my only stroller! I just have a small car and it takes up most of the trunk.

Hope this helps,
Michele

momofmax
03-11-2005, 11:38 PM
If it's not too late, here's another kudo for the Bumblerie Flyer. We purchased the Pumpkin colored stroller the day they hit our local store. I'll admit, it was the color that finally made my decision vs the Silver Cross. My son was born November 6. The Snugride fits beautifully. There is a bit of a gap between the two hoods, but we keep a blanket handy anyway. It corners extremely well. Took my 73 year old mother Christmas shopping. Needless to say, she wrested away control of the baby; even she commented as to the nimble handling of this stroller. We spend many weekends in Colorado mountain towns. We've had no problems on snowy walkways or rutted dirt roads. Max is now four months and often rides in the stroller without his Snugride. The straps keeps him pretty upright, though he does often slide down.
The only inconvenient aspect of this stroller is that it does take up alot of room in the back of the car. While it folds very easily, albeit with two hands, it is not exactly compact. This hasn't been a huge issue except for the day we stopped at Costco on the way home. All in all, it's an excellent alternative to the Bugaboo Frog and significantly less expensive.
Max's mom