PDA

View Full Version : Help - Problem with 04 Mac Techno XT?

OctoberPrincess
02-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Hello, I just received my Techno XT and upon opening noticed that the lock seems stuck everytime I try to open it. I was pretty sure I was able to easily open the stroller when I tested it at BRU (major factor in deciding on this stroller) but I don't want to be mistaken when I contact the seller ASAP so I need to know how easily you are able to unlock your techno in order to open it? Do you have to really pull hard to get the lock unhinged or is a breeze to open and unlock.

dules
02-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Is it brand new and if so maybe it's just a little tight? If it's not brand new check to see if there's any fabric that might be pinching when you close this stroller and making it very tight when closed (and thus, harder to open). I had this problem with an 03 Vogue...I was forever having to re-fold it as I kept catching a bit of fabric. It was just a matter of learning to watch for it though.

Good luck, and no, it should not be hard to open or close it.

Best,
Mary

OctoberPrincess
02-18-2005, 04:30 PM
It is brand new, just arrived today. It's very tight, I find that I can open it rather easily if it's lying flat on the ground but if I'm holding it upright it's impossible to unlock with one hand and I can only do it if I pull the front legs towards me to give some slack.

I did check for fabric and didn't find anything, it is possible that this is normal and will just loosen up over time?

The vendor only gives you 5 days to claim you have a defective item so I really don't have time to wait and see if you kwim?

GRrrrr, I'm so frustrated...I was really excited to get my stroller since it shipped so quickly (I only ordered it Wednesday AM) and now it may be defective.