PDA

View Full Version : Trying to decide between BumbleRide Rocket & Bugaboo Frog

RJPO
02-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Hi, everybody, and thanks for all the interesting posts about different strollers ... I've learned a lot!

I'm expecting a baby in five weeks. I've been looking at strollers online and at local stores. Yesterday I was at Babystyle in Santa Monica (celebrity sighting: Tom Everett Scott from "That Thing You Do" with wife & cute baby) and I think I'm getting closer to just giving in and getting a red Bugaboo. It's very cute, especially with the pram attachment.

But I also like the look of the BumbleRide Rocket, especially in the red with the beautiful black and white cross-hatch lining fabric. But I haven't been able to try it out because no stores around me (Brentwood/Santa Monica/West L.A., CA area) seem to carry it. The Right Start has the BumbleRide Flyer, but not the Rocket. I tried Traveling Tots, but the clerk indicated that they weren't going to carry BumbleRide strollers at all.

So I'm trying to decide. I've looked at all the archived posts on this board regarding the Bugaboo, but the Rocket seems to be too new for anyone to have ordered/tried out/reviewed. Has anyone seen one in a store and pushed it around, or, better yet, tried collapsing it?

I should say -- we tend to like lighter weight strollers that aren't too much of a hassle to fold up and put in the back of the station wagon. With our last daughter, I splurged on a gorgeous, heavy Emmaljunga Viking and WE NEVER USED IT (except as a sort of portable bassinet in the house)! It was just too cumbersome to get in and out of the car. We ended up using a Snap n' Go (which we loved) and then a Maclaren umbrella stroller.

So ... anybody seen or tried out the BumbleRide Rocket yet?

Rachel
mom to
Mary India, born 6/21/98
James Jolyon, due 3/23/05

ejj
02-18-2005, 10:17 PM
We are considering the same problem. While I'm happy to pay the money for the Bug, I'd rather not--I'm a little scared about the size of the Bug--many complain about their children growing out of the seat in record time. That wouldn't go over well here.

I just got back from a MBUS inspection at the local store--not as impressive as I'd hoped. The woman at the store recommended the Rocket, but no samples in yet...

It's hard to beat the handling of the Bug, but the folding is not primo--you might want to hang on to that Mac/Silver Cross...

Erik

RJPO
02-19-2005, 03:06 PM
Erik,

My kids tend to be tall, too, so that was a concern I had with the Bugaboo as well.

I suppose I should call around and see if any of the stores near me will be getting the Rocket in, since it just came out.

Rachel