PDA

View Full Version : Did you stroller your 3/4ish year old???

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-19-2005, 08:38 PM
Karsh is 41 inches tall...and weighs 34lbs...will be 4 in mid March.

He has never been in a stroller to my knowledge but LOVES to be in a grocery cart seat when we shop. We have not been to places like the zoo (long walk areas) in the 6 weeks we have been home so I have needed to address strollers.

He is not a child who asks to be held...but keep in mind that sadly he probably didn't have that offered to him in Ukraine so neither of the boys has ever complained about walking.

I am trying to decide if I need to get a double, triple...or either for this new baby. If Karsh doesn't need to be strollered ever then Tristan probably won't want to be (he is Karsh's shadow)...

But in the same breath if Tristan needs to be strollered (which we hardly ever stroller) then karsh might want to.

Is it worth paying $600-$700 and up in this scenerio...
HELP!!!!!

Neve
Reichen (6), Karsh (3), Tristan (22 months) and baby girl Bronwyn on the way due March 19th!!!!

papal
02-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Girlie... another thought, can you just get a tandem seat for the Kettler or would Karsh be too tall for it?? You wouldn't be out of much $$$ for the tandem.

We are using the Kettler as our stroller now... leels prefers to view 360 degrees around her rather than just 180. Have not used the MBUS ever since the kettler arrived.

But to answer your original question, i am no help, i have no idea. Might be easier to stroller Karsh and Tristan.. i can't imagine chasing after 3 (soon to be 4) kiddos at the zoo! heehee.

ktdid74
02-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Brendan stopped riding before his 3rd birthday. He just preferred to be out and about. When I got a P3 he loved riding on the footboard. He will ask to ride in the MBUS when Mackenzie wants to walk. If it were me, I would consider a MBUD with kiddie board. That way anyone who wants to ride could! You could sling Bronwyn if both boys wanted to sit. You must be one busy lady :)

egoldber
02-19-2005, 11:18 PM
Sarah still rides at age 3 1/2. She does not ride all the time and prefers to jump in and out as the mood strikes her. But if I were you, I would get at least a double. Even though T may not ride much now, when he sees little sis riding, he may want to. And especially for outings with all 4 kids, it seems very likely at some point that at least 2 will want to ride.

Perhaps a double that has the option of adding on a kiddie board would be a good solution.

HTH,

kijip
02-19-2005, 11:22 PM
I second (third?) the motion that you get a double and a kiddie board. You could get an MBUD and Karsh and Tristan could ride and you could carry the girlie in a carrier. Or you can have 1 boy and the girlie ride and 1 boy stand on the board. It whole shebang has a hight resale value so if it is a bust and Tristan and Karsh never ride, you can resell it at not much of a loss.

Or a Valco?

Momof3Labs
02-20-2005, 09:16 AM
I'd agree that at least a double (since I think that you plan to sling Bronwyn for a while) - not so much because the kids can't walk, but because it gives you a way to contain them when you have to take them out alone. Then perhaps by the time that Bronwyn is ready to ride rather than be slung, Karsh will be older and more reliable out of the stroller.

So I don't know that you need to spend $600-700, but at least $200-300 for a good double with higher weight limits...