PDA

View Full Version : E3V2 users please help!

noahsmum
02-19-2005, 09:28 PM
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I am trying to figure out some things about the E3 that I just can't find the answers to anywhere - can someone who uses it as a double stroller please help?
(1) I am expecting my second this summer and know from experience with the first that being able to snap a car seat into the stroller is hugely convenient. Can you do this with the E3V2 at the same time that a toddler is also riding on top?
(2) Once the second one gets older and is sitting in the doubles seat, is his/her view completely obstructed by the older sibling? And if so, don't they get hugely bored and frustrated?
(3) Does the reversible handle feature mean that I can sometimes face the baby who's on top?
(4) is the stroller very heavy to lift in and out of a car trunk, does it take up a lot of room, and does it fold easily?
Enough questions? Sorry - I just need to be sure before I pick THE ONE (maybe two).
Thanks,
Catherine

Irish
02-20-2005, 04:19 PM
I can't answer all your questions, but the forward-facing view of the child in the back is obstructed. However, they can see plenty out each side. Sort of like how a little kid can't see out the front windshield of the car -- they are too short and there are adults obstructing their view. But they can see out the side windows just fine, and that usually suffices.

calebsmama03
02-20-2005, 04:45 PM
I haven't bought an E3V2 yet but am seriously considering it. The "reversible handle" is NOT really reversible. The top part of the handle comes off and flips over to adjust the height of the bar.

I do not think you can snap a carseat into it. You'd want something like the Lilebaby 5 in 1 if you want some kind of a carrier feature.

I thought it folded fairly compactly for a double but I haven't put it into a trunk yet. It weighs around 20lb so heavy but not overly so.

Hopefully someone who actually is using this stroller can give more info :) Do you have a Right Start near by? You can check it out IRL there.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
And the stubborn "purple" baby due 5/25/05

JennsBabySky
02-20-2005, 09:12 PM
1) I'm not sure because I don't have the carseat adapter bar, but I would think you would need to have the seat reclined. If it is reclined, there would not be room for a child in the back. So, I believe it would be unlikely (bummer!)

2) I like the first response. My dd prefers the backseat and gets a great view.

3) No, see the answer from another poster above.

4) I don't find it very heavy, but I think it is a very individual response about which strollers are *too* heavy. I find it folds super easy and quickly. It fits quite well in my trunk. And since it is fairly flat, I often stack our lighter groceries or gear on top with no problems.

Good luck,
Jennifer

chrissyhowie
02-21-2005, 05:49 AM
>(1) I am expecting my second this summer and know from
>experience with the first that being able to snap a car seat
>into the stroller is hugely convenient. Can you do this with
>the E3V2 at the same time that a toddler is also riding on
>top?
No, you cannot use the adapter bar for the infant car seat while the toddler is riding up front. You can however put the infant car seat into the newborn bed area. While this is "off label", that car seat isn't able to go anywhere! But I never actually ever used the stroller with the kids in it like that. I thought I might, but the reality was that I just unstrapped DD#2 from the infant seat and put her directly in the e3 newborn bed. To me, it seemed like more trouble than it was worth to me to keep her in the infant car seat. But then again, DD#2 always fell asleep while riding around in the e3 newborn bed -- I may not have been so ready to unstrap her if she only slept in the infant car seat LOL.

>(2) Once the second one gets older and is sitting in the
>doubles seat, is his/her view completely obstructed by the
>older sibling? And if so, don't they get hugely bored and
>frustrated?
That was a great analogy that the PP listed about the front and side car windows for a child. Now that we are using toddler/toddler mode, DD#1 is technically supposed to sit up front, but she prefers sitting in the back! I haven't noticed any tippiness issues even with the higher weight in back, but then again my two are fairly close in age. It might be more of an issue if there is a fairly wide weight gap between the two kids.

>(3) Does the reversible handle feature mean that I can
>sometimes face the baby who's on top?
No, the reversible handle simply allows you to make the stroller handle a bit higher for the tall folks out there. The baby in newborn mode can see you directly when lying in there.

>(4) is the stroller very heavy to lift in and out of a car
>trunk, does it take up a lot of room, and does it fold
>easily?
The e3 is fairly heavy, but it's not heavier than I'd expect for an all terrain stroller IMHO. The fold is pretty straightforward, but definitely needs both hands. I don't drive much, and if I do, I often just take a single stroller and sling DD#2. So take my opinion with a grain of salt here on this one, but this isn't what I'd choose if I was planning on taking it in and out of a car trunk alot.

Congratulations on your new one on the way! Best of luck in finding the best stroller to suit your needs.

HTH,

JenaW
02-22-2005, 10:15 PM
The car seat doesn't "snap in" but my snugride fits in the bassinet area as a pp mentioned. I have my 20month old in the toddler seat which is "plugged in" on top. The main seat is unzipped and flat in the bassinet position and the snugride slides right in. It works great and I have been using it like this since #2 was born (she is almost 5 mos). If #1 isn't with me, you can put the snugride in the bassinet portion so it faces you.

Jera
Mom to Carter ~ 05.13.03 & Madigan ~ 09.28.04