PDA

View Full Version : Valco twin vs single with toddler attachment

Happy324
02-20-2005, 01:36 AM
Hi!

I am expecting #2 in four weeks and have been staying up till 1am researching which double stroller to buy- these boards are really helpful but addicting! I was originally looking at the Combi Twin Savvy or Perego Aria Twin until I read all the Valco posts and saw the pictures- wow! DH is not thrilled about buying even one new stroller so forget about 2- this has to be our one and only multi-purpose stroller. DS is 18 months and very small, we mainly use the stroller outside to take walks or go to the park. Occasionally I will take it to the mall but DS is just like DH and gets fussy if I shop too long so I usually try to avoid it if possible!

I would love to get the Valco Runabout single with the toddler attachment as it is smaller and cheaper than the twin. However, I am a little apprehensive about not having 2 regular seats-although DS usually doesn't sleep in the stroller anyway and never reclines so that is no problem. I have seen pictures but am just wondering how comfortable the toddler seat is. Also, we live in Las Vegas so I am worried about him having no sunshade. I would really appreciate any advice or opinions on whether the single would suffice or if I should start thinking of ways to convince DH to shell out $500 for a double!

Thanks so much!

twizzli
02-21-2005, 07:58 AM
you can buy a canopy for the toddler seat. There is a pic at the kiwi-kid.com

MMEand1
02-21-2005, 08:22 AM
My DS loves the toddler seat!! It is padded very nicely and has a 5-pt harness, so I know he can't jump out!! The seat is like stadium seating, so he is sitting up pretty high. We like the option being able to have one stroller that can seat either one or two kids without having to drag along a double even if you only have one DC with you.
Good luck!! It's a stroller jungle out there.
Mariah P.

parker10302
02-21-2005, 07:08 PM
I have been debating the same issue...And I think I finally decided on getting the Valco Twin. I really want DD to have her own seat that reclines...not that she ever naps in the stroller!!! The twin is only
2 1/2" wider than the single, so I thought the difference in width isn't significant enough for me to sacrifice the full seat option. I also like the fact that you can attach the carseat on one seat of the twin. I figure if DD decides she doesn't want to ride as much, I'll sell the twin and get the single with toddler seat. I recently posted a few questions on strollerswap that helped me finally make a decision! Here's the link...good luck!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StrollerSWAP/message/43484

Nicole

Irish
02-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Have you considered the E3? I was concerned about the comfort of the toddler seat as well, which is why I ultimately decided against it.

Irish
02-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Have you considered the E3? I was concerned about the comfort of the toddler seat as well, which is why I ultimately decided against it.