PDA

View Full Version : E3v2 vs. Valco w/toddler seat

Irish
02-20-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm trying to decide which is best for my family. Unfortunately, it's hard to find stores that carry these strollers, so I'm relying on the experiences of others.

We have a 7 month old and a 2.5 year old and I haven't owned a double stroller before. I plan on using it for walks in the neighborhood (older neighborhood with bumpy roads), mall/museum excursions, and travel. Of course, I want one stroller that does it all. :)

I had initially thought of the MBUD, but that doesn't seem very travel-friendly, as it doesn't fold small enough.

I have a concern about both the E3v2 and the Valco. I am concerned about the folding with the E3v2. How does one remove back seat and fold it for airplane travel? What do you do with the second seat? How much time does this take? I'm picturing standing on the jetway with two small children trying to configure this thing. (I often fly by myself with the kids.)

My concern with the Valco is that the toddler seat doesn't look very comfortable. My son is a big boy (37lbs and 38"), and it doesn't look like it would provide much back support for longer outings, like to the zoo. Especially since he's accustomed to riding in a Peg Milano XL.

Can anyone offer any insight? I know no one in person who has tried either of these strollers, so any help is appreciated!

MMEand1
02-21-2005, 08:42 AM
While I do not have, nor have seen IRL an E3v2, I do have the Valco with the toddler seat and we love it. My DS (also a big boy) seems verry comfortable in it and never has a problem wanting to get in it whenever we go out. Last night, matter of fact, we had some friends over that wanted to look at our Valco. My DS pitched a fit until we put him in it just to be pushed around the house!! He loves it and we think it was one of the best decisions we made.
Hope you find what you are looking for.
Mariah P.