PDA

View Full Version : New Maclaren Vogue?

bfranc
02-20-2005, 09:03 PM
I saw this stroller on Posh tots
http://www.poshtots.com/catalog/product_detail.asp?product_id=3760
I didn't know that Maclaren still made the vogue....its not on their website. Anyone with anymore info on this? I have heard so many raves about the Vogue and would love to be able to get a new one if it does actually exist!
TIA
Barb

journey4justice
02-20-2005, 09:17 PM
That is the same one that they are sellling at Target. They aren't listed on the Mac website, but apparently they have created a special version of the Vogue, Triumph, and Techno for Target. I haven't seen the Techno in the store yet. The Triumph didn't impress me but the Vogue was great!

bfranc
02-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply. I am so excited! I heard that the vogue is kind of in between the Techno and Quest...is that true? Can you compare the Vogue to them for me?
Thanks again!
barb

MarisaSF
02-21-2005, 12:05 AM
fyi- check cyberbaby for the warning on poshtots. I don't remember the details.

journey4justice
02-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Yes I could agree that the Vogue is between the Techno and Quest. My friend took her Quest in with us while we looked at the Vogue. The Vogue wheels were bigger than the Quest and had more tread (not sure how they compare to the Techno though). The Vogue canopy was bigger - more squared off and came forward more, providing more protection. The vogue seat and basket were pretty much the same as the Quest. Target only has the Vogue in the faded denim color though, which is pretty. The Target.com website has them if your local store doesn't.

heatherlynn
02-21-2005, 10:19 AM
I keep looking at the Vogue every time I go to Target! I think I want the Vogue, but need to sell my Quest first. I don't know why, but I'm just not crazy about the Quest (I'm sure I'm the only one in the world who thinks this!). The Vogue at Target also has a boot, which I like. I think the Vogue is about 2 pounds heavier than the Quest and about 2 pounds lighter than the Techno.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

heatherlynn
02-25-2005, 07:20 AM
Well, I bought the Vogue at Target the other day. I can give some specifics if anyone is interested. I may take it back since apparently it doesn't come w/ a boot as it says on Target's website.

Really nice stroller though. Not as exciting as a Zapp or a Buzz, but a solid stroller, I think.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

bfranc
02-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Heather,
Specifics would be great! A few things I was wondering....
How does the quality compare to the Macs dispalyed on the Mac website (techno, quest)? Have you tried using it outdoors yet? Is the basket as small as other Macs? How's the hood? Do you think this stroller would be o.k for a 4 month old?
Any other details you would like to share?
Thanks!
Barb

twofallbabies
02-25-2005, 02:38 PM
The Vogue that Jenn (PP) and I saw at Target did not come with a boot, though it did have an infant headrest thing with it. We were disappointed that there was no boot though, b/c that's a great selling point this time of year!

Jessica, mama in MD to
Dillon 9/98 & Lucas 10/02

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif
28+ months

heatherlynn
02-25-2005, 05:00 PM
Hi Barb,

Here are a couple of pictures of the Vogue next to the Quest. As for your questions: I think the quality is the same. I haven't tried it outdoors yet, but it does do better than the Quest over the floor thresholds (?) where it goes from wood floor to vinyl in my house. I think because the Vogue has suspension on at least 2 if not all 4 wheels. The steering is great. Basket is small. Hood is good - bigger than the Quest's. I think the Vogue would be fine for a 4 month old - my 6 mo. old seems to like it and he's pretty small 15# 25.5 inches or so. He slept in it for 1.5 hours today and this guy never sleeps that long during the day (can't really complain he sleeps 12 hours straight at night!). Oh, seat depth is about 1" longer on the Quest.

Let me know if you need anything else.

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

bfranc
02-25-2005, 07:00 PM
Heather,
Thank you so much!!!!! Your reply really helps...especially the pics!
barb

heatherlynn
02-25-2005, 07:38 PM
I forgot to add 2 things:

1. I weighed both strollers on my scale. The Quest came up around 13.5 and the Vogue around 15. The Quest is supposed to be around 13 so I'm thinking my scale is probably fairly accurate.

2. The "dust" on the wheels of the Vogue in the picture is carpet fibers from rolling the stroller on the carpet. My house is not that dirty, honest!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04