PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Venezia Worth It? Please help clueless 1st-time mom!

kris123
02-21-2005, 02:56 PM
I've been in stroller you-know-what! I went and looked at the P3, but my husband didn't like the handles. So it's either a Graco Metrolite (I know they are not made well, etc., but I really want the Snugride to fit and I just don't like any other strollers as well) or a Venezia. I LOVE the option to switch the handle, etc. But is it worth $350? I would be registering for it, but I might not get it if it's so expensive, so if I have to buy it I want to make sure it's worth the money!
PLease help this clueless mom!
Or if you know any other strollers that fit the Snugride and have this carriage option that lies all the way down like the Venezia, I'm all ears!!!

MomTo5
02-21-2005, 03:37 PM
IMO the Venezia is perfect for a newborn. Besides the fact that you can fit the Sungride in it, it does all kinds of neat things. It has the reversable handle so that the baby faces you. It also turns completely into a carriage. Underneath the footrest there is a netting that completely encloses the footrest so that there is no possible way that the baby can slip out of the stroller. Plus with the boot it is the perfect place for a newborn.

Melissa

f_steph
02-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Hi!

I loved the Venetia too, but it was a bit pricey... I ended up buying a Bumbleride Flyer (http://www.bumbleride.com/flyer.html) and I LOVE it! Funny you mention the Metrolite, I had it in the Central Park Pattern and I couldn't stand it!! It was flimsy, didn't roll well and the 5 point harness was a complete joke.. Granted its 5 pounds lighter than the Flyer but they are well worth it for the features you get (such as the reversible handle you liked).
I bought it from babyuniverse.com with the rebate code JAN10PER (or FEB10PER) which gives you 10 percent off, its free shipping so it helps with the list price of $269.

Oh and before I forget it also works with the Snugride which I also have...

Just my 2 cents.. let me know if you want more details,

Stephanie
Mom to William 11/17/04

kris123
02-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Wonderful! I hadn't even heard of this one! Which Snugride did you use it with?
And how does the carseat fit on? A strap?

f_steph
02-21-2005, 05:19 PM
Hi,

I have the Snugride in Central Park (the most expensive one, first child had to go all out :-) It fits on a car seat adaptop and there's also a strap if you want it to be VERY safe.
I bought the Bumbleride in Pacific, the fabrics are fabulous and very plush, can't say the Central Park graco matches, but it won't be a big deal soon, since my 3 month old is pushing the 26 inch limit on the snugride :-(

Stephanie

snowangel
02-21-2005, 07:02 PM
My bestfriend has a Venezia and her two main complaints are:

Her and her husband hit the wheels with their feet, especially when the handle is reversed.

The wheels are not big enough for any non-smooth surear face.

It is too heavy.

Otherwise she loves the stroller. It was WONDERFUL for the first year of her baby's life, but then she sized down to an umbrella style stroller. It is hard to find a stroller that will last through newborn to toddlerhood.

parker10302
02-21-2005, 07:15 PM
I love my Venezia! I had at first registered for the travel system with the Metrolite and the snugride. After two months of using the Metrolite, I hated it... For my birthday I asked for money from my family, to fund my Venezia purchase! I really love the reversible handle, the adjustable footrest, the netting that encloses the seat so toys and paci's don't fall on the ground. Now that DD is a toddler, I love the fact there's a snack tray, and we have full recline for diaper changes! (the diaper changing stations give me heebie-jeebies!) I also really like that after folding, the Venezia stands on its own rather than folding down to the ground.

It was a great purchase, I just wish we hadn't wasted the time & money on the Metrolite!

HTH,
Nicole

dms619
02-22-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm expecting my first (6/05) and having been debating the whole PP stroller selection. I like the P3 and find the Venezia too heavy, but like the idea of the single and reversible handle, which is not available on the P3. I went to the PP website and saw the "newest" stroller, the A3. The website did not have any information, so I contacted customer service - it will be available in the stores in the end of March '05. And it is just like the P3 (one-hand fold & weight) but it has the features I liked in the Venezia (single handle and reversible handle)and accomodates the Snugride! I am hoping it is the best of both worlds. Look back at a previous post (last week, I think) under A3, and there is a link to a website taking orders for it. It's not cheap (close in price to Venezia, I think?) but seems to have the best of all the features. Good luck!

Debbie
DD due 6/28/05

fmm72
02-22-2005, 05:01 PM
Hi- I think that the A3 has reversible upholstery- meaning that you have to remove the entire seat and flip it around, not the reversible handle feature that the Venezia has. That is what the description sounds like on bestforbaby.com and what my local baby store owner told me.
The 1 hand fold is a nice feature though esp with the handle bar. Does the Venezia weigh 22 lbs or 17 lbs? The PP website says 22.7 but all the websites and my local baby store owner say 17.