PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal on E-bay??

newmommy05
02-21-2005, 05:08 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4359857837&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Here's the link for a Peg Perego Aria Urbano Stroller Car Seat Travel System. I'm completely new at this stroller/car seat thing!! I thought I'd get the Graco Metrolite Delancy Travel System and be done. But after reading all these post I'm even more confused!

Could someone give me a brief overview of the strollers out there? I've hear Mac, Bug, Peg, etc...but don't know the full names to research them and I don't know the advantages and disadvantages of one over the other. And also the price ranges would be great. I'd love to stay cheap, but if spending more means having it last, I'll do that.

I've also heard alot of people suggest not buying a stroller till after the baby is born. And to simply get the Kolcraft frame with a Graco Snugride carseat to see how your preferences will go. Is this the ideal way to go?

I'm also afraid of the Grace height requirements and having my child grow out of the seat very quickly! Although I guess I'll have to get a conversion car seat at some point!

Sorry for the long post, but if anyone can tell me if that Ebay item is good and to help clarify the stroller world, it would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

PS Would you trust this e-bay item? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4358242816&ssPageName=ADME:B:WN:US:18

It ends in 3-ish hours!!

Virginia

Momof3Labs
02-21-2005, 05:17 PM
First of all, check out the used car seat checklist on www.cpsafety.org. I personally wouldn't buy a used seat on eBay - not worth the safety risk to my child. But you might decide that it is worthwhile. And doesn't the Perego have the same height limit as the Snugride?

I'd suggest reading through the board, and in particular, searching for reviews of the Aria (in a nutshell, not that great a stroller) - most of your questions are already answered here. Or tell us exactly what you are looking for in a stroller and ask for specific suggestions.

dules
02-21-2005, 05:26 PM
I would not do an Aria for a newborn, personally. I think the P3 with carseat might be a nice option (when DD was born it only took the PP carseat and we had a Graco, so I had the Kolkraft frame at first). Most people here love their P3s and they are nice up to the toddler age (plus a second child can stand on the footboard at the back).

Don't expect the infant seat to last too long...then you'll be pleasantly surprised if it lasts longer than you thought it would! My DD was 18 1/2 inches long at birth, 26 1/2 at about 5 months, so we changed to the Marathon then.

I agree with the PP that a used carseat is probably not the way to go. There are plenty of infant carseats that cost less to start but are still good and safe...you just never know how a used one has been handled (unless, maybe, it belonged to your sister or your best friend) or what it's been through as far as shocks, accidents, etc.

If you don't want the Kolkraft frame, I'd suggest looking at the P3, Zippy and Zooper, all of which will take car seats and all of which have good reputations (and decent resale in case you end up not liking it for some reason).

Also, unless it's absolutely not an option, don't rule out a Bugaboo or Mountain Buggy. If you can try one out and if you love it, you might be better off just getting it. I think I've spent well over $1,000 on strollers now looking for "the perfect one", lol.

Good luck!

Best,
Mary

newmommy05
02-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Ok thanks for the advice on the car seat. I think I'll end up with a Graco snugride.

I definently want to do all I can to avoid wasting money on strollers!

Now when looking for a P3, I should be looking for a '04/'05 model because those are the only two that will function with the Graco car seat, right? Or does the '03 and earlier work as well?

I've heard and read posts about the Zippy, Zooper, Bugaboo, and Mountain Buggy. I believe these are not thrugh PP. Are there websites you could direct me to so I could familiarize myself with these models?

Thanks again for the information!

Virginia

momathome
02-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Technically, the 2005 Peg P3 is the only one that has the universal carseat adaptor for the Snugride but the Snugride does fit well in 03/04 P3's, too. Most of the other brands you mentioned can be found on www.arunningstroller.com and www.travelingtikes.com . I have a 2003 Peg P3 and I love it - I also just got a 2004 Mountain Buggy Urban Single and this is also terrific - you can get an adaptor bar for the Graco Snugride for this, too. Hope this help!