PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy a Navetta for my P3?

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
02-22-2005, 12:16 AM
I was shopping yesterday with my 5 week old DD and I put her directly into the P3. Eventually she started to whimper and would only stop when she saw me. I've used it a few times as a travel system with my Snugride, but I just like the idea of her laying flat for longer periods of time. I would have loved a Frog as an all in one stroller, but the $750 price tag was too hefty for me right now. I really want a Culla, but it's too pricey for me, even at the $400-500 price range on ebay. So I was thinking of getting a Navetta in Black Sable to snap into my black sable P3. It seems like a good solution - it is more carriage like than using the P3 with my Snugride. Do you think it's worth it? DH doesn't think I need it and is worried that it'll take up too much space in our trunk. He thinks she's just fine in the Snugride.

Smiles81
02-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Hi, I have the navetta and I really liked using it, and I got a great price, (they no longer sell them in the US) but you can still find at some online stores and on ebay. I only used it until DS was 2.5 to 3 months old and his is 50th percentile in height and weight. It did take up space in the car, but that didn't bother us. It was easier than strapping a tiny baby in the stroller all the time. I also used the navetta around the house, and when we went away for the first three months. One thing I didn't like about it, was that it made the stroller extra heavy and was hard to take walks with it outside. Other than that, I really liked it.
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

heatherlynn
02-22-2005, 07:36 AM
How about a Snuzzler? It kind of cuddles/snuggles them. I still use one w/ my DS.

ETA - Duh! Just realized you were looking for something so the baby could look at you. Sorry!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

gisele
02-22-2005, 02:21 PM
Hi, I have the Navetta and I loved using it for my son at that age. I think it was much better than using the car seat. He was a lot more comfortable in it, plus I also used it around the house so it was familiar to him. If he would be in the stroller for longer than an hour, I would put him in the Navetta (like the mall). I don't think it's good to leave them in the car seat for hours and hours on end.

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
02-22-2005, 10:03 PM
OK - I bought a Navetta, but in chesapeake with the navy caravel. I was going to get the black sable, but I decided that if I got it with the caravel I could use it for #2 and not worry about a matching stroller if I'm not using the same P3 in the same color for the next decade. So I guess I'll be using it more as a pram. This way, I can rationalize the fact that I'll probably only be using it until May or so. DH is going to kill me when he finds out! LOL! I also figure I can bring the Navetta with me to NY and use it as a bassinet in my parents house. Do you think it'll fly ok? How should I bring it on a plane?