PDA

View Full Version : E3 accessories

AZmommy
02-22-2005, 06:54 PM
Hi,

I have finally decided on the E3 V2 but I can't decide if we need to purchase the cocoon. It looks like a neat accessory but I am not sure if it will be too warm since we live in AZ. We will be purchasing the sibling seat as well for our 3 year old daughter. Does anyone know if you can use the car seat adapter with the Sibling seat? Thanks for your opinions.

vikivoly
03-04-2005, 12:50 AM
I don't have the cocoon, but my guess is you won't need it. I used a lambswool rug to keep the baby cozy in the newborn mode. I think the cocoon might be too warm for you.

You can not use the car seat adapter with the sibling seat. However, you can put the car seat directly into the newborn bed while using the toddler seat up front. This is considered off-label use, but I think it is very safe.

mrsmac
03-04-2005, 01:16 PM
I was going back and forth with the same question. I live in TN and baby is due in April. I figured it will be getting too warm very soon for the Cocoon. So I haven't purchased it. I have a Bundle Me ($25 at TJMaxx) which works nicely laid in the bed of the E3 in newborn mode. If it's hot I can unzip it and use both pieces on the bottom for extra padding. Or also roll up burp cloths/cloth diapers and put them underneath, on the sides, to give his head support. I figure I can make due with that and I have also tried the suggestion of the previous poster about putting the carseat in the newborn bed with the toddler seat attached up front and it actually fits really well. But if you're going to be anywhere for more than a few minutes it will probably be best for the baby just to take them out and lay them in the bed using blankets/fleece for padding.
HTH!
~Tanya