PDA

View Full Version : Zippy Steering - Is there some kind of bar to make it easier?

ctychick
02-22-2005, 08:01 PM
I thought for sure I had read about this here... Is there a bar that you can attach that connects the two handles to allow for easier steering? Can someone refresh my memory? I cannot stand how hard it is to steer one-handed. I live in Manhattan and would walk everywhere. It would be nice to have a free hand once and a while. We bought a Graco Quattro to keep down at my parents' house in Florida and used it for the first time this past week. WOW - so easy to steer one-handed! It's great for the mall and walks in the burbs, but too big to use in NYC and I don't want to invest in yet another stroller right now since I've only had the Zippy for 4 months.

MamaKath
02-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Check out the stroller accessories at www.babystyle.com as I am thinking that is where I saw something like that. I have not tried it out though so can not tell you in regards to performance.

If the Zippy isn't working for you, maybe try selling it on StrollerSwap or Ebay to fund something that will work better. You could try Albee Baby to play with some different models. If you really can't stand it, it probably is not going to become a love affair overnight, kwim?

I have a PlikoMatic which many folks complain about the steering on (I found it better than the Zippy every time I tried the Zippy though) and found that hanging my packed Baby Sherpa from the handles when my big toddler is in the front adjusts the balance so greatly that it easily steers one handed. Just some food for thought.

HTH~

ctychick
02-23-2005, 08:54 AM
Thanks! I just checked out Babystyle and found the "Stroller Stretcher". That's exactaly what I was thinking of. I might check around to see if anyone has used it, but I'm so desparate I might just go ahead and order it anyway. As for selling the Zippy, I'm thinking about that. I do like the easy fold, but I never fold it up anyway, so I'm not sure that is a big value to me. I'll see how the stroller stretcher works first. Thanks again!