PDA

View Full Version : What is the lightest, most compact stroller with a recline?

joannect
02-22-2005, 08:03 PM
I was originally thinking of getting a Micro or a Volo for DS who is 13 months but now I'm wondering if he might still need something with a recline.

I have a 04 Zippy and an E3 but would like a lighter weight stroller for quick trips, travel and Disneyland. I like the idea of stroller with a recline, although I can not honestly remember the last time he fell asleep in the stroller. I guess I'm just worried that I might miss it if I get a stroller that doesn't have it. :)

So, are there any strollers that are nearly as light as the Micro or Volo that offer at least a partial recline? It must also have a basket and a somewhat decent hood. Oh, I would love for them to be in the $75 to $100 price range. Not asking too much am I? lol. Thanks!

audys
02-23-2005, 12:29 AM
I have a Mac Quest for errands and this is my FAVORITE stroller! It does recline (3 positions I think), has a sun shade (I added another one for UV), rolls well, 1 handed fold, and is very lightweight.

Look online for the best prices - I bought mine from Little Folks.

Happy shopping,

Audrey, mother to Graham

http://lilypie.com/baby1/050210/3/15/1/+10/.png (http://lilypie.com)

icemamma
02-23-2005, 04:24 AM
I'm with Audrey. I have also been looking for the most lightweight stroller that still has a recline and a leg rest. So far I've settled on the Mac Quest. I saw it for $130 at Albee Baby.

Hope that helps.

i c e m a mm a

sobers3
02-23-2005, 07:59 AM
You should be able to pick up a 2004 Quest at a very good price right now. I paid $112 at Right Start when they were on clearance. Check on ebay. Have fun on your trip!

tricialudao
02-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Have you considered the combi soho? It is $90 with the $10 off coupon that is on the babiesrus catalog just out. It is really light, has a very good recline, decent basket and decent shade. I have a P3 and I find that the soho complements that. I leave both strollers in the car and just choose which one to take at the destination.

The recline is really important for me since my daughter takes naps in her strollers a few times a week.

Emmas Mom
02-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Ok, I JUST went through this so I can totally relate! ;) I too was going to get the Micro but was also debating the Mac Quest, Volo, Chicco Tuscany, London & Inglesina Swift. After a lot of searching & reading I ended up talking to Marilyn at www.arunningstroller.com. I had purchased my P3 from her & knew she was an expert. I had pretty much narrowed it down to a Mac Quest or Inglesina Swift because, like you, I also wanted the recline. Well, Marilyn made my decision for me & talked me into the Swift. So far I LOVE it. She said of all those types of strollers...same basic features & price range, that's the one she recommends & in fact, she has one herself that she uses for her grandkids. That was good enough for me. I don't remember all the reasons she picked the Swift over the Quest, but I do remember the Swift has bigger wheels which, in her opinion, made it a better choice. Plus, the Swift was less expensive. :) HTH & good luck!

smiliedds
02-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Another vote here for the Mac Quest.

I've tried the Quest and the Swift in store with my DS (just the past weekend). I first thought the Swift would be my favorite because of the bigger wheels. But during the side by side comparison, the Quest handle turns better (smoother) than the Swift. And I can't say I noticed any less bumpiness when I run them over bumps. (I was testing the strollers indoor with my 18lb DS. I ran around the tight corners, over the carpeted area and any bumps on the floor I could find. I mean I really ran over the bumps back and forth to test them :) ) The lock on the Quest engages automatically when you fold it. The lock on the Swift needs to be engaged manually after you fold it. Not a big deal, but I thought I would mention it. My son fits in both of them pretty much the same way.

Edit: One more difference, the Quest has a much higher handle bar. Good for tall parents.

The retail price on the Swift at the store I was at was significantly lower than the Quest. For the minor difference, I would have bought the Swift. But since I could find the Quest right now for such a good price, I opted for the Quest. I think it handles slightly better. And I thought it's got a much better colour selection too :) Good luck.

Rebecca