PDA

View Full Version : Valco Everest - Has anyone seen it?

MarleysMom
02-23-2005, 03:52 PM
I've been obsessed with finding the right three-wheeled, all terrain stroller for taking long walks on uneven pavement and the occasional jog. I've looked at the Valco Runabout, the MBUS, the E3, the Zooper Jazz and Boogie, the Jeep Liberty, and the Urban Advantage and none seemed like exactly what I was looking for. I like the styling and 2004 closeout prices on the Zoopers, but the fold is bulky and the weight seems excessive.

Then I saw the 2005 Valco Everest at

http://www.strollandgo.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2382

Unfortunately I can't find any stores in my area that carry it. Has anyone seen this model? Any comments or comparisons?

thanks in advance!

nfowife
03-08-2005, 09:48 AM
*bump* Desperately trying to find out more about this stroller...anyone?

nfowife
03-08-2005, 12:59 PM
Here's the email I sent Valco and their response, I'd still LOVE to hear from anyone who's seen/used/ experienced this stroller in person!
My email:

Hi,

I'm trying to decide which stroller to go with- the runabout or the everest. I don't see the everest on your site but it's on some of your retailer's sites. What are the main features that the runabout has that the everest doesn't? I don't need a toddler seat attachment, and the everest seems lighter, narrower, and has most of the same features so I'm trying to figure out if I did get the everest, what would I be missing out on? There is a pretty big price difference so I'm sure I'm missing something but I can't seem to find any answers since it is such a new model.

Their response:
I will try and answer your questions.

The main advantages of the Runabout over the Everest are, that it has an adjustable handle, has a five position seat, is actually a couple of pounds lighter and folds more compactly. Options for the Runabout include a Bassinette, car seat adaptor and Bassinet.

Everest is narrower, has a more traditional steel frame seat and an easy one hand fold mechanism. It is also made out of steel as opposed to Aluminum for the Runabout.

MarleysMom
03-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Thanks for sharing your info!

The aluminum vs steel seat might be an issue. I don't recall seeing an adjustable handle on the Runabout I looked at, but maybe the new 2005 model has it? The Runabout fold is nice, but as long as the Everest folds a bit smaller than the Zooper or Jeep, it's not a problem.

I also saw the photos of the Bumbleride on the forum and it looks gorgeous. Another choice to make things harder....

nfowife
03-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Why would the steel seat be an issue (forgive my stupidity, I'm not a mom yet so I'm still learning!)?
It is so hard to decide! There are so many options, at this point I am either leaning towards the Everest which I suppose I'll keep until #2 comes and then sell/get a double, or now I'm thinking of the Phil and Ted's over the Runabout, because the E3 is narrower (just 1" over the Everest) and I think the add on seat would be better if #2 comes along before #1 is old enough for the Runabout toddler seat. I wish I could see one in person but we live in a state with no retailers of any good strollers (OK)!

MarleysMom
03-08-2005, 10:48 PM
*Why would the steel seat be an issue*

I have very little experience myself (currently using my car seat with a used, deteriorating Snap N Go), but I think the good things about aluminum are the light weight and the lack of rust. A steel frame, I think, can rust if you live in a wet climate and use it outdoors a lot. Maybe someone on the forum with more experience can confirm this.

You probably can't go too wrong with either the E3 or the Runabout. Seems like there are a lot of people here who rave about both. The Everest is a bit more risky, but on the upside, Valco Baby seems to be a good company.

I may have to put the three-wheel stroller issue on the backburner for awhile. My Snap-N-Go is driving me nuts and I'm not ready to make a decision. I'll probably get a Peg Perego P3 by this weekend. Who knows - maybe it'll be good enough for my long walks.