PDA

View Full Version : After-market cup-holders?

ejj
02-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Any good suggestions? My bud just got the Liquid Holster ($20), which looks pretty solid compared to some of the junk I've seen out there. Anyone seen anything else I might want to check out?

Thanks, gear-obsessed dad Erik

Also, anyone know if the handles on the Buzz (possible purchase) will accept one of these?

strollerqueen
02-23-2005, 11:41 PM
I have the Liquid Holster one, but I just got the Valco, which I prefer. It is much more user-friendly, and fits better.You can use the Valco on reversible handle strollers, because it swivels. I have seen it on a Bug and it fits well. It also has teeth grips to hold different sized bottles and cans.

There is a woman named Jodi who sells them on Strollerswap. I think Rodney has them, too:

www.kiwi-kid.com

strollerqueen
02-24-2005, 12:00 AM
Here is a picture:

http://stores.kiwi-kid.com/Detail.bok?no=247

I don't know if he has them in stock at the moment. I know Jodi is getting a shipment in the next week. I think she charges $12.

ejj
02-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Hey thanks StrollerQueen--the both look like decent options. The LH one looks a bit more streamlined, but the VB certainly looks nice also. Thanks for the pic.

Now I just gotta get a stroller. Buzz/MBUS, too soon to tell...

Emmas Mom
02-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Does the Valco one fit on umbrella strollers? Like a P3 & Swift?? Also, how does one get in touch with Jodi?

strollerqueen
02-24-2005, 02:34 PM
LOL, actually I thought that the Valco looks way more streamlined. I think the Liquid Holster one is bulky and ugly!

You can contact Jodi on Strollerswap, link in my siggy!

strollerqueen
02-24-2005, 02:34 PM
LOL, actually I thought that the Valco looks way more streamlined. I think the Liquid Holster one is bulky and ugly!

You can contact Jodi on Strollerswap, link in my siggy!

ejj
02-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Yea--I suppose I need to SEE the Valco one first. Maybe that's the way to go, being that I haven't used ANY of them. I'm pretty hard on my stuff, so I'm afraid of breaking it. Sounds like the Valco unit is smaller? I like the sounds of that. Don't they both swivel?

starrynight
02-24-2005, 08:38 PM
When I asked here I was pointed towards the click 'n go stuff by prince lionheart. I ended up not bothering at all to get one, I usually take bottled water with me anyway and that I can just keep in the basket. TRU/BRU sells them along with online stores.

strollerqueen
02-25-2005, 01:14 AM
I guess. I just couldn't get the Liquid Holster one to fit right.

Fwiw, I or various children have broken many a cupholder. Kind of goes with the territory.

The Valco is smaller and less obtrusive.

JodiM
02-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the recommendation Janet :)

We use the Valco one on all of our strollers, including the P3.

Here's a picture of them:
http://www.letsgostrolling.com/i/Valco/ValcoCupholder.jpg