PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren Volo as everyday/one and only stroller?

fairygodnana
02-24-2005, 08:27 AM
Do you think that the Volo is suitable to be a mom's one and only stroller? Baby will be 2 and about 32 lbs. Mom has been using a carter's umbrella stroller for everything and everywhere and my godson is looking pretty tight in it. I have almost never seen her use the stroller that came with her travel system. I am thinking of purchasing this for my cousin as a gift. She is very petite under 100 lbs and only 4'10. I figure she only needs the basics (lightweight a must), since her standard has been that "toy" stroller, but will the baby be comfortable if it were taken to, lets say Disneyland as well as running daily errands and mall outings, etc.? If it makes a difference I have only seen my godson fall asleep a handful of times in the tiny Carter's stroller, so I am not sure if the fact the Volo doesn't recline is a factor plus the 2005 Volo now comes with a hood. I've searched and read all the other comments on the boards but need specific opinions. Thanks.

pittsburghgirl
02-24-2005, 08:45 AM
It seems to me that if she hasn't used a stroller with recline and her DS doesn't seem to mind sleeping in the umbrella the Volo is a great option, especially for a 2yo. She may not like hefting a larger stroller around since she is so petite. The Volo is mesh so it is breathable for hot weather although you can also get an accessory pack with a padded seat liner and rain cover if you want to add some plush.

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png