PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren Rally Twin vs. Combi Twin Savvy?

mamalaama
02-24-2005, 09:28 AM
Hi!

I've seen lots of good imput regarding the Combi TS but little regarding the Maclaren Rally. My DS will be 22 when #2 comes along, so I'm looking for something that manuevers well with either two or one in the seat -- also one-handed manuevering is a big plus.

All things equal, I'd probably go with the Combi based upon feedback regarding canopy and possibility of using a carseat on one side, but I can pick up a 2004 Maclaren for about $65 less, and am unsure if the Combi is worth the extra $$$ for those two features.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Donna

jyyanks
02-24-2005, 02:13 PM
The only reason I would go with a Combi over a MacClaren is that the Maclaren doesn't have a child tray which you don't need now but may need when later on. Also, the ability to snap in a carseat is a big plus. I would just make sure that your carseat is compatible with the Combi. I have a Combi and I love it. Good Luck.

caleymama
02-25-2005, 12:08 PM
I just looked at both last week at Buy Buy Baby and really disliked the Rally Twin. First, the seats were very shallow and my 2 1/2 year old's legs didn't look comfortable at all. Second, I thought the seat recline adjusters were flimsy (just an adjustable strap that clips together behind the seat). Of the two you mentioned I liked the Combi much better but got an Inglesina Twin Swift because it was $100 cheaper and suited my needs just fine.

casey118
02-25-2005, 01:16 PM
One more thought- the Rally doesn't fully recline for an infant. Some people think that is ok with an insert like the Snuzzler, but I prefer a full recline for an infant. I have a Combi Ultra Savvy and have liked it. It has a very different feel from a Mac- there is more give, which some people think is wobbly. But it has been a sturdy stroller. I do think it is harder to push with a lot of weight in it (compared to a Mac twin traveller for example). The bonus is it seems relatively easy to find a pretty good deal on Combis. Try maybe epinions or ebay. Good luck!

My2Peanuts
02-27-2005, 04:02 AM
I looked into both before I had my second baby. I heard and read about the Combi Twin Savvy and was pretty excited until I saw one and hated it. I didn't like the Rally Twin either but have you looked into the Maclaren Twin Traveller? Babies R Us used to carry it but I believe they are only sold at specialty baby stores now. I love this double side by side stroller.

http://www.maclarenbaby.com/US/pages/twintraveller.html

ctc221
03-02-2005, 12:04 AM
Thinking about getting it for my 2 DC. Have you used it yet? I thought it was only for children 6 m.o. and up. And, is it too narrow for your older child? TIA!