PDA

View Full Version : Travel to Italy (Tuscany) - should I take a P3 or a Volo

mom2kate
02-24-2005, 12:31 PM
I will be traveling with my almost 2 1/2 year old daughter to mainly Tuscany this summer - we will be touring Siena and Florence, but it won't only be a city trip. I am also pregnant, so I'm much more concerned than usual about weight - my usual attitude is to take the most comfortable stroller. However there is a possibility that I will be flying back from Italy by myself and the Volo would probably be easier for that. I think I will also be going to more places with steps where I'll have to carry the stroller up and down the steps.

I currently have a P3 and have taken it twice to England - it was definitely the right stroller to have on those trips.

I don't yet have a Volo - the other wrinkle in this is that my daughter has pretty much hated the Maclaren recline in the past, but perhaps she is older and it may work out better.

Thanks so much for your input!

camsmom
02-24-2005, 02:09 PM
sounds like we are in the same situation. I have an atlantico and I just purchased a 2005 volo for our carribean vacation. I haven't yet recieved it. I am crossing my fingers that it will work. I also have a 2 1/2 year old, and I know he will not want to walk everywhere, and he is too heavy to carry. The thought of taking my atlantico is painful, just because it is so big. I liked everything that the volo had to offer and I tried him in the triumph, but the volo seemed to get better reviews. Good luck with your decision. I hope that I made the right one.

colleenfs
02-24-2005, 03:26 PM
I don't have any advice on strollers since we went sans child. But I did want to tell you that DH and I went to Florence and Siena as well as other parts of Tuscany (plus Rome) just last summer. It was fabulous, and I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. You are brave to take a toddler with you!

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Jumping Bean due 7-23-05!
http://lilypie.com/baby4/020110/3/4/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050723/0/25/1/+10/.png

casey118
02-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Fun trip! I have been to both places, and if you can handle the weight, I would go with the P3. It will be much more comfortable for your daughter. There are stairs (maybe especially in your hotel or where ever you stay), but you won't be carrying it up and down stairs for a subway like you might other places. The streets are generally pretty rough coblestones which would be more comfortable and easier to maneuver in the P3. Also, it is hot there in the summer and you will appreciate the shade of the P3 canopy. (I guess you can now get a volo with a canopy, but the coverage won't be as good). In any event, have a great time!

mom2kate
02-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks for everyones' thoughts - I really appreciate them. I hadn't thought about the cobblestones - the P3 does go over them reasonably well. Fortunately I'll be traveling with family in Italy so if I need the help with the stairs I'll just have to ask. Again many thanks!
Jackie