PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight stroller...probably a Maclaren....

kensjen
02-24-2005, 04:58 PM
I haven't been in this forum in awhile....hehe. :) But since I may truly need another stroller, here I am again!!

I think I need a smaller stroller for certain trips. I have been using the P3 since DS was born, and always travel with it. It is a GREAT stroller and DS really loves it. But we just returned from a trip that was just DS and I flying....and I was wishing I had something a bit smaller/easier to handle. We are also going on a cruise soon (with DH) and several other weekend trips (without DH). I need something light, steers well with one hand, easy to fold, great for travel....all of that kind of stuff! ;)

I know that the P3 doesn't weigh a lot, but it is still pretty large when folded, and I was in several situations that I really needed something smaller, as I was limited on space. I am a bit unsure how DS will like the Maclaren seat, but I won't know until I try it. At the store he is only in it a minute or two so it's hard to tell...

Anyway, which Maclaren would you recommend? Money isn't the real issue, I just want to get the best stroller for our situation. Which one would you buy? Also, if there is another stroller you would recommend, LMK!!!!

As always, thank you!!!!

momathome
02-24-2005, 08:06 PM
I just bought the Maclaren Quest (2005 Mod in Rose Pink) and I love it! Super lightweight, folds very small, 3 recline positions, hood, basket, and rain cover, and steers like a dream, pretty much with the tip of my finger. I ordered mine from Marilyn at www.arunningstroller.com - free shipping and she is throwing in a free Mac Universal organizer right now. I have a P3 also and find that the Quest is a perfect compliment to this stroller. HTH!

My2Peanuts
02-27-2005, 04:06 AM
I have an older Maclaren they no longer sell but one of the mothers at my kids daycare has the Techno XT and loves it.

ktdid74
02-27-2005, 07:35 AM
I just got a pink Volo (nwt off of swap) and love it. Not only that, DD loves it! She likes to sit in it at home, too :) I thought about getting the Quest but since I haven't sold my P3 yet, I went with something cheaper and smaller. I thought DD might mind the Mac seat but she really loves this stroller! It is so lightweight and folds up nice and small. I bought it to keep in DH's new truck but for now I'll keep it with me :)

smiliedds
02-27-2005, 01:53 PM
I've been looking for a perfect light weight stroller too. It came down to the new Quinny Zapp and the Mac Quest. The Quinny Zapp folds up super small and the child sits high off the ground, but can't been folded one-hand. Also, it's heavier, with no basket and no recline. Last, it's more than twice the price and effort since it's only available in Europe for now. So I bought a Quest. I tried it with my DS at a local store. I steers and turns very well for the size of the wheels. My DS seems pretty comfy in it. Comparing to the SC Mini, the partial recline is better. I think it steers better too. Anyway, if you decided on the Quest but not so big on the new fabrics, there are some pretty good deals on ebay for the 2004 models now.

Rebecca

tanstan
02-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Katie- I am new to the site and don't really know what all of the short cuts stand for yet. I have been obsessing over an unbrella stroller and just decided to go with the Volo because I have a habit of getting tired of things quickly so I want a good stroller but low price since I will probably want another stroller in a year or so. Where did you get your Volo? I don't know what the nwt swap is. Also did you get the Poppy color? Are you happy with it? AFter reading these message boards I am now sure that I could easily be a stroller addict - is there a support group for us? Thanks for your help, Tanya
ellie 8/3/04

ktdid74
02-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Hi Tanya! Welcome to the boards! It is addictive and your friends won't understand :) I'm embarassed to say how many strollers I currently have (and how many I've had).
Anyway, I got my Volo from one of the members of strollerswap. It's a yahoo group for strollers lovers (consider it the support group) :) She had bought one and wasn't going to keep it so I bought it from her. NWT means new with tags (she hadn't used it outside, had all the original packing, etc.) The color I got was peony. It's so cute! Perfect for a little girl. It won't be my main stroller (I have a MBUS-Mountain Buggy Urban Single- that I use for everyday stuff) but it's a nice little stroller!
You may want to check sites like www.strollandgo.com or www.travelingtikes.com for a decent price and free shipping. Good luck on your search!
eta- here's the link forthe strollerswap group
www.groups.yahoo.com/group/StrollerSWAP/

tricialudao
02-27-2005, 08:56 PM
I also have a P3 which I love and have traveled with. Like you, I also felt the need for a smaller, lighter stroller to complement my P3.

I just bought the combi savvy soho from babiesrus and I think it is the perfect lightweight for me. I have owned a combi before and so I know I love combis (which some people don't). The soho might be lightweight but doesn't compromise too much on features. It is cushy, has an almost full-recline (important since my daughter naps in her stroller), a decent shade, an ok basket (but better than the macs I feel) and steers quite well. I have bought a maclaren quest before and I knew that macs are not for me. My daughter didn't like the sitting position of umbrella strollers and I didn't like the tippiness of the macs. I know many people LOVE the macs, so I just want to suggest the combi in case you decide that the macs don't do it for you!

kensjen
02-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions! I'm still trying to decide which stroller to buy, you know how hard and IMPORTANT these kind of decisions are! LOL ;)

The good news is, I just received a gift cert to baby universe, so I want to use it towards a stroller. They have most of the maclarens and the combi....

With the gift cert, I can get a volo or the soho without using any of my own money. Or I can get a quest for about half price....etc....

Anyone else have the combi and want to share their experience? I am still unsure about the maclaren because of the seat and the tippiness...

Thanks again!