PDA

View Full Version : have you used the PP Navetta bassinet?

skohng
02-25-2005, 12:44 AM
hi all,

dh and i have FINALLY decided on the p3 over the venezia and the swing. though we love the swing's maneuverability and extras, the p3's toddler board and ability to take a bassinet won out.

Albee Baby has a great deal on the Navetta bassinet - but it doesn't come with the boot/footmuff thing. Should we shell out a little more to buy one with the boot? Have you used the bassinet for overnight stays at grandmas? how comfy are babies in the navetta?

thanks!

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
02-25-2005, 03:39 PM
I just bought one from DMArt - it has the boot - but it hasn't arrived yet but is on its way. I can't wait to use it! I think the boot would be useful for outdoor walks but we'll see. I also got the caravel - my baby is already 6 wks old and I plan on hanging on to it to use as a pram for #s 2 and 3 and didn't want to worry about not having wheels for it later on. That way, I figure I get my money's worth. I did a search on Navettas and those that have them seem happy with them. Since they aren't around anymore, it might be worth it to snag one with the boot if you decide you want one after all. The Chesapeake is going for about $60.

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
02-25-2005, 04:57 PM
My Navetta came today! I say get the boot. It zips to the lining to create a sleeping bag or can be unzipped and snapped over the unit as a covering over the baby. Also it seems useful for in home use as a Moses Basket that rocks.

skohng
02-25-2005, 06:44 PM
alright, you ladies have convinced me! i want to think of the boot as just an accessory but it sounds so useful!

how long does it take for Dmart to ship? are they a reliable company? thanks again!

CherylT
02-26-2005, 02:49 PM
I ordered one from Albees this past week - should get it on the 1st. Anyway, they told me via email that it does come with the boot. I figured for the $20 difference, I don't care that the colors won't match on my stroller (their shipping is 4.95 flat). HTH

skohng
02-26-2005, 05:36 PM
cheryl-

when you get yours, can you post whether it does come with a boot or not? I e-mailed Albee this past week and they told me it did NOT come with a boot! I agree, for that price I don't care if the colors match or not... but having the boot would be nice.

thanks!

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
02-26-2005, 09:36 PM
It took less than a week for my Navetta and Caravel to get here from DMart. I was very pleased with the service. I got the Chesapeak which I really like. My baby is 6 weeks old and she seems to still have plenty of room in the Navetta. I'm glad I got the Caravel because I can use it for future children without having to worry about having the right stroller for it. The Caravel is just like a Snap and Go and DMart has it for about the price of the Kolcraft SNG. I got the Navetta b/c my Snugride isn't so great - DD isn't too comfortable in it because with her snowsuit, the straps are too tight. She cries in the Snugride and seems to like the Navetta b/c it is cozy. It is esentially like a Moses Basket - I anticipate a lot of use for it next time around.

Twins2000
02-28-2005, 12:18 PM
Hi,

I just called Albee's to ask if the boot came with it. The guy had me on hold a couple minutes to ask someone, but when he came back he said that it didn't come with a zippered covering, but it does come with a snapped covering. I'm not sure if that really constitutes a boot or not, so I guess we'll have to wait and see whether Cheryl's comes with one or not. I hope it does since I'm really interested in getting one too.

Leslie

CherylT
02-28-2005, 04:42 PM
I should get it tomorrow - just checked UPS and it said delivery was still on schedule. I'll post after it arrives to let you ladies know what the real deal is!

Smiles81
02-28-2005, 05:04 PM
The blanket or "boot" on the navetta can be snapped on the frame of the navetta or zippered into the inside lining for when the baby is really little. HTH
Reena
Mom to Dovi 3/16/04

CherylT
03-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Okay, got the navetta this afternoon. It does come with the boot. As one of the PP stated, it zips to the lining to make a sleeping bag inside the navetta or you can unzip it and it buttons at the top (with elastic around the foot) to become a boot. The Martinelli one at Albees also came with a small 'matching' diaper bag, though I wouldn't consider it truly matching, nor do I need another diaper bag for that matter. Anyway, for $55 shipped, it is a great deal and exactly what I was looking for (essentially a more functional moses basket). The airflow holes on the bottom are great too - perfect for a spring/summer baby. HTH and best wishes! Let me know if you have any questions.

skohng
03-01-2005, 04:20 PM
cheryl -

what a relief! sounds like you're really happy with your navetta. that was really quick too.

i was thinking of ordering the p3 from albee's to get it all at once. is albee an authorized peg dealer (covered by the peg warranty)?

has your baby slept in it yet? i saw a mom with the navetta/caravel travel system the other day and the baby was cooing the whole time :)

thanks for all your input!

CherylT
03-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Actually, I don't know whether Albee's is an authorized dealer. The Navetta came in a Peg box with the warranty card, but that probably doesn't mean anything. I'd email and ask them - or maybe it is mentioned on their website or at pegperego.com. My newest little one isn't here yet - not due with #3 until 6/4 so can't say how well it works in real life. I got it mainly so that I could try to keep up with my other two during the summer with trips to the beach and all - hate to short-change them one summer due to the new arrival. I figured this is a bit more practical than a moses basket since the handle is functional, it rocks, attaches to the stroller (though I have the MBUD with the carrycot that I do and will use as my main stroller), etc. HTH and best of luck!

Twins2000
03-01-2005, 10:52 PM
I believe that Albee's is an authorized Peg dealer. It isn't just an online store. It is an actual babystore in Manhattan.