PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego Venezia

kmunksgaard
02-25-2005, 11:20 PM
Hi, there,
This is the first time I've been in a baby forum - yay! I've been obsessed with strollers for over a year (thank goodness for the Strollerqueen Web site!), but my husband wasn't ready to start trying for a baby until now. So now I finally feel free to ask questions!

Here's the scoop: I have SO wanted a Bugaboo Frog since I first saw them in the stores, but my midwestern/middle class sensibility just won't let me spend that kind of money when I know I can get something wonderful for a third of the price. It actually makes me feel worse when I see pictures of celebrities in People with their Bugaboos. (I am NO Gwenyth Paltrow, after all.)

So I've been on the lookout for something that would be a good substitute for a more reasonable price. My husband and I were in Denmark this spring and I fell in love with all of the wonderful prams they have, but I also know that the fixed wheels and large size aren't practical for us (given the weather up here, we're not outside 2/3 of the year and will need to spend a lot of time in malls/inside).

I am looking for something that LOOKS like a pram when reclined, has reversible seat/handles, adjustable handles (I'm 5'4 and my husband is 6'6), suspension and/or air filled tires, swivel wheels, and is not too heavy or large. I've been most intrigued by the Ingelsina Liberty with bassinet, which I think is a good substitute for the Frog but is almost as expensive, and the I'Coo (which I can't find anywhere around here).

But then, last week I found the Peg Perego Venezia MT and I think it just might be it! It doesn't have air filled tires, but it does say they have suspension. And it has everything else I'm looking for. I'm wondering what you experts think of this model. I've seen mixed reviews on other Web sites. Does anyone have one and love it?

Thank you!
Karin

strollerqueen
02-26-2005, 03:00 AM
LOL, hi Karen, me again!

I just got a new 2003 Venezia and yes, I love it. I have been alternating between it, and the Liberty, for walking my DD to school. DS is on this kick where he wants to ride facing me. He also wants a boot and full canopy, so he can pull it down and "hide". When he did this in the Liberty today you couldn't seee him at all, LOL!

Well no doubt the Liberty pushes better than the Venezia. But at double the price, it should! I can push it one handed with both children in it. (The older child stands on the footboard.) But the Venezia isn't really hard to do either. It just doesn't have the suspension or "glide-like" ride of the Liberty.

I DEFINITELY recommend it as a car stroller. It is much more convenient to pull in and out quickly, than a true separate seat pram. It is lighter too. And it is not bad outside, just not great.

tinkerbell1217
02-26-2005, 08:25 AM
The Venezia is wonderful as a full featured stroller. It is very nice for a newborn since its plush and reclines fully. It can take a car seat if needed and the reversible handle is great! My kids all liked facing me til they were almost 2. Its not the greatest outdoors, but on paved sidewalks and other areas that aren't uneven it is just fine. Most people just don't go for it cuz its a bit heavy. If thats not a concern, I say go for it!

kmunksgaard
02-26-2005, 05:22 PM
Thank you so much to Tinkerbell and Strollerqueen for their replies! Very helpful!

MaddiesMommy
02-26-2005, 10:04 PM
Hi Karin,

I have a 2003 Venezia and really like it a lot. It has great features and I've heard that the newer ones have been updated even more. I loved that it had reversible handles, but to be honest I don't think I had my dd facing me all that much. She seems to enjoy looking out much more. I thought the weight of it might bother me, but it doesn't seem that heavy at all. And I like the fact that it's good size. She's been in it since she was a few months old, and I think she'll be very comfortable in it until she is at least three years old. I agree w/ the others about how it rides on sidewalks. It's not great, but it's not awful either. I use for mostly indoor use anyhow. Good luck in your decision making. I thought it was so much fun picking out baby stuff. Enjoy!

Janine

MamaKath
02-27-2005, 12:37 AM
Hi Karin,
Welcome! This is a great place to get stroller info!!!

I think the Venezia is a wonderful, indoor pram style stroller that does okay outside. I have a long stride and given the height of your dh would suggest also looking at the Milano which is a slightly larger Peg Perego model. The stride space is MUCH better than on the Venezia with similar features. I do really like the Pegs, and have found the canopies and boots to be wonderful and truly useful features on this type of stroller.

HTH~ :-)