PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/ double stroller....chicco citta, mac twin traveler, peg twin aria??

KirstieIvey
02-26-2005, 10:36 PM
This is my first post and I am hoping for lots of advice!! I have a 2.5 year old daughter and a 7 week old son. I have a 2003 Peg Pliko w/ footboard but am looking for a double stroller that I can keep in the car and use in the mall, etc. (I have a BOB duallie for running and outdoor trips, etc.) I think it will be a while before I can really utilize the footboard with my toddler - I need something that will keep the toddler confined until she's a little older!! Anyway, I am intrigued by the Chicco Citta mainly because of the price as compared to the peg and mac doubles (not sure how long I'll use the double stroller). Is the Citta appropriate for an infant? I have also looked at the Peg Perego Aria Twin and the Maclaren Twin Traveler. Love the weight of the Aria. Any other comparisons out there? I am feeling a little lost - any help from owners of these strollers (and the strollerqueen) would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Kirstie

ctc221
02-27-2005, 04:27 PM
I am replying to bump up this post, hoping to garner some advice. I am in a similar situation, have a 3 y.o. and a newborn. No double stroller yet, a little overwhelmed by the wide selection available. Interested in something lightweight, compact, and easy to steer. TIA!

KirstieIvey
02-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Thanks! I was beginning to think I was the only one with this problem! I have gone out twice with my newborn in a Baby Bjorn but it's just not that convenient when I am helping the toddler in and out of the car, stroller, highchairs, etc. I am hoping to avoid paying high $$$ for a Peg, Mac etc. but I still want a good quality stroller. I'll do it if I have too - I figure you can always sale them later for a decent price. I'll let you know if I hear any reviews, advice, etc. Thanks for posting!!

hardysmom
02-27-2005, 10:33 PM
I wrote a long reply a couple of hours ago, but it disappeared...

Basically, you will have to prioritize weight, compact fold, and maneuverability... Unfortunately, there is no double which will give you all 3, but you can get 2 out of 3.

The only 2 true lightweights (until the Silver Cross MicroTwin is out this summer?) are the Aria and Combi Twin. Both are light (about 20 lbs) both fold easily, though the Combi folds smaller. The Aria has a better basket, the Combi has a better canopy and is cushier. Both are dreadful outside. I have a love/hate relationship with my Aria Twin. It can't be steered with one hand, gets stuck on bumps, and is sometimes hard to maneuver in tight spaces (not because of width, it just isn't very nimble). I hear the Combi is comparable so far as maneuvering. However, I do light the light weight, how easily the Aria opens/closes, how easy it is to load the kids, and my babies seem very happy when riding. I'd say the Combi/Aria are good choices for people who just need a easy, indoor-only stroller for the mall, quick errands, etc.

The Mac TT is a great all-around stroller, much like a mid-weight single. At 26 lbs, it isn't light, but isn't dreadful. If your other stroller is a BOB, this one (or one like it) would be a good bet since it would be a better for places like zoos where the BOB might be too big/awkward, but where an Aria/Combi might be difficult to steer. It handles well on rough sidewalk and is still nimble indoors. It fits toddlers well and is a good a containment stroller, but they can get in/out easily if they want to walk. The Inglesina Twin Swift is a less expensive knock-off. The Chicco and Zooper Tango get mixed reviews-- just make sure to measure and SBS to make sure it is under 30" wide.

Stephanie

KirstieIvey
02-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the info - I think I'll go with the Mac TT. I read that the Inglesina has a weight limit of 35 pounds per seat which seems low to me. Thanks for all of your advice!