PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight all-terrain

writeleigh
04-27-2005, 01:35 PM
I am looking for a lightweight stroller that works very well over bumpy terrain. Currently I use a Silver Cross Micro, which I love in most settings. However, we have extremely cracked sidewalks as well as multi-surface park grounds that I stroll over.

I am very used to lightweight and would like to say below 12lbs in stroller weight. Any suggestions?

Valerie99
04-27-2005, 03:19 PM
The lightest all-terrain stroller I can think of is the Mountain Buggy Breeze at 19 lbs. You may not actually need a true all-terrain for the park and cracked sidewalks, though. If I remember correctly, the SC Mini did very well (much better than the Micro) on the Strollerqueen Obstacle Course. It's closer to the weight you are looking for. I'm sure there's others, but this is what I can think of off the top of my head.

writeleigh
04-27-2005, 03:33 PM
We have terrible sidewalks- roots growing through pavement, etc. and my Silver Cross is okay- I often have to move it into the street for parts of the walk. And at the park over grass, rocks, etc. it is okay, but I wouldn't mind some more manuverability (I hope I spelled that right).

I think one of the In Step strollers weighs 19 lbs too. I have to think about it though. I guess 19lbs isn't too bad, but I am used to 10 lbs LOL. I guess it would give me more of a walking workout though.

dules
04-27-2005, 06:52 PM
You might be surprised at how light a Mountain Buggy feels to push. Can you try it out IRL anywhere?

Best,
Mary

writeleigh
04-27-2005, 07:52 PM
I can try and see if someplace near me sells them (I am pretty sure they must as I am in a large city).