PDA

View Full Version : short moms and volos

hedyl1234
04-27-2005, 10:47 PM
hi,
i'm thinking of getting a volo as a second, lightweight stroller for my 15 month old DD. I've heard that maclarens might not be as good for short moms...i'm 4'11". anybody petite out there with good/bad experiences?

i'll probably go check out the strollers myself soon but i wanted to get some opinions.
thanks!

Edensmum
04-27-2005, 11:37 PM
I just got my Quest today. I have only tested driven. I love ti so far. It moves great.
Consider this though. The new volos have hoods so it's good to go with an 05. They run about 100. I got and 04 Quest for 124.
It might be worth the extra $ to upgrade a bit. The Triumphs were about the same price as the quest. Just google 04 quest
HTH
Eden 9/04

Janeinnyc
04-28-2005, 09:13 AM
I'm about your height and I have a Maclaren Techno. I think those handles are a little higher than the volo (at least they felt higher when I tested them) I have been using the Techno daily, indoors and outdoors for the past few weeks and I am used to the handle. I think at the very first in the store, I felt it was a little awkward for me - I remarked on this to the store owner who was also on the petite side. She agreed that the handle was a little higher but that she never had any problems with it herself. I would say that after using it these past few weeks, I am quite comfortable with using this stroller and I love it. I think I stopped noticing the height of the stroller within the first minute of using the stroller for the first time.

Hope that helps.