PDA

View Full Version : baby jogger vs MBUD

sloan
04-29-2005, 01:41 AM
I was speaking to Marilyn at a running stroller and told her I was interested in the MBUD unless she had another recomendation. She suggested the baby jogger city line which looks like the MBUD. Anyone have experience with this brand. I looks and sounds really cool.

heatherlynn
04-29-2005, 09:52 AM
The BJ looks great! Did Marilyn say why she was recommending it?

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

sloan
04-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Yes. She said that while people never return their MBUD they do complain about the following:
1. a short canopy which their children outgrow
2. tires which frequently need pumping
3. sometines the front swivel mwheel locks by accident.

I also upon seeing the bouble baby jogger city series noted how much more compactly it folds compared to the MBUD.

I'm always careful when a recomendation comes from a salesperson but The fact she was steering me towards a cheaper stroller and so many people speak highly of here on this board, I figure she knows what she is talking about.

strollerqueen
04-29-2005, 10:54 PM
I haven't seen them yet, I thought they weren't coming out until June or July. I did get a note from them that they would be 30" wide, which made me very happy.

I would trust Marilyn. She is very honest, and has a lot of experience. She really goes above and beyond the call of duty to help people, and I have immense respect for her.

Nemesia
05-26-2005, 08:26 AM
Anyone have any new news on the Baby Jogger City Series? I talked to Marylin yesterday about the MBUD and she told me the exact same things about it. She also pointed me to the Baby Jogger webpage to look at the City Series

http://www.babyjogger.com/citydouble.htm

I don't need my stroller right away, the twins are enjoying the snap-n-go double for now, so I am probably going to wait to see what the Baby Jogger looks and feels like.

Thanks for any information that is out there.

cschwed
05-26-2005, 08:58 AM
The fold really does look cool - I wonder how easy it is in real life?

lissie930
05-26-2005, 10:06 AM
>Anyone have any new news on the Baby Jogger City Series? I
>talked to Marylin yesterday about the MBUD and she told me the
>exact same things about it. She also pointed me to the Baby
>Jogger webpage to look at the City Series
>
>http://www.babyjogger.com/citydouble.htm
>
>I don't need my stroller right away, the twins are enjoying
>the snap-n-go double for now, so I am probably going to wait
>to see what the Baby Jogger looks and feels like.
>
>Thanks for any information that is out there.

Anyone know how much this one weighs? Thanks!

- Lissie

Nemesia
05-26-2005, 08:51 PM
Lissie, I e-mailed Baby Jogger today and had a reply within a few hours. Below is their response.

Hello,
Thank you for contacting the Baby Jogger company.
The City Double's weight is 33.6 lbs.
Please feel free to call if I can answer any more questions for you.
1 (800) 241-1848 ext 1134.
Have a great day,
Kris

So it is a bit lighter than either the Valco or the MBUD. I'm really anxious to see this thing in person. According to Marylin it takes the best of the MBUD and Valco and improves on the low points of both.

gatorsmom
05-26-2005, 10:38 PM
My experience has shown that no stroller is perfect (although this one does look neat). I wonder what IT'S weak points are? hmmm...

hipmaman
05-27-2005, 07:06 PM
I'll venture to guess that its weak point might be that it's the first time made and in China? I dunno, just trying to make a crazy guess, lol.

But I admit, the strange footplate gets to me and it doesn't seem to look light or streamline, although its weight is about the same as most other double strollers.

vicster
07-13-2005, 05:40 PM
I'm getting my Baby Jogger City Series Single tomorrow and will report back. Though I haven't seen it in person myself, I can report that the fold is really as easy as it sounds... a local running store has the Q Series by Baby Jogger with the quick-fold technology and it's most impressive. Much more compact than the MBUS and much easier to handle.

ajrivers
07-24-2005, 10:33 AM
So, what did you think???

Can't wait to hear.

vicster
07-24-2005, 06:37 PM
The baby jogger city series is terrific. The one hand fold is much, much simpler than the MBUS, which we were originally going to get, 1.6 lbs lighter but a much more compact fold so easier to handle also. Will fit into the back of our SUV, with the dog, without a problem, and into the back of our sedans without a problem. The seat is much more padded and there's a pocket in the back that contains a metal frame for additional support. You could also add a piece of cardboard back there if you decide that even more support is needed. Very easy to assemble... took my husband about 5 minutes to get the wheels, which is all you need to do to put it together. Front wheel locks straight with the flip of a switch and it turns on a dime. We got it in the red for our first little one, a boy, that's arriving in November and it looks fantastic! Was told by Baby Jogger that the universal car seat adapter that will fit the Graco and the Peg Perego carseats will be availble early fall, September or October, so hopefully they will stay on schedule with that but if not, baby jogger says that the stroller is designed to be safe for infants as young as 6 weeks. We plan to get a Kiddopatomus Snuzzler to use it for additional support anyway so not too worried about the availability of the infant car seat adapter. Seat reclines nearly flat (I think the specs are 23 degrees) with two straps like the MBUS. Overall, so glad that I ran across this instead of buying the MBUS. If you don't have the city series single in your area, if you find the Q Series Baby Jogger stroller, that one has the same one hand folding mechanism... it's truly easy to fold. The one complaint I have is that it doesn't seem to lock in the folding position but the fold is so easy and compact that the lack of that feature doesn't seem to make it any harder to handle. Good luck but I would definitely recommend this to anyone considering a MBUS or MBUD (city series comes with a double stroller as well with individual sun canopies and reclining seats).

annasmom
07-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Isn't the MBUD 28" wide???

JamiMac
07-25-2005, 11:03 PM
Yes, it's 28.5" wide.

vicster
07-25-2005, 11:39 PM
But the Baby Jogger folds up 10" shorter than the MBUS.