PDA

View Full Version : I received my Bebecar M-City--question about wheels

sunlady
04-29-2005, 12:41 PM
I bought the Bebecar M-City from babyuniverse.com and it arrived a few days ago. It's a beautiful stroller with nice fabrics, huge basket, adjustable handle, high reversible seat, and carrycot. But, I noticed that the wheels are not rubber. It feels like a plastic foam. So, I called babydepot in Canada (who also sells this stroller) and they told me that the wheels are a "vinyl composite." They said it's more durable than plastic, but not as rugged as rubber wheels. I'm disappointed because I thought the M-City came with rubber wheels according to what I read on crocodilebaby.com. I want durable wheels for such an expensive stroller.
My question is: should I return the stroller and get the Inglesina Liberty which, according to arunningstroller.com, has "very hard rubber wheels" and similar features? I like everything else about the Bebecar, but I don't know if the foamy, vinyl composite wheels will hold up well.

dules
04-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Crocodile Baby has got quite a bit of misinformation on their website IMO. I'm sure you can return because of this.

Again, JMO, but I think you should get what you want, given the amount of time and money you have spent on this.

Best,

Mary