PDA

View Full Version : Questions about a few zoopers

Splash
04-29-2005, 03:16 PM
Oh I may finally get my way and get my "own" stroller. DP and I disagree big time on strollers, so this is a good thing I can have my own.
I love the Zippy, but I don't think she'll go for that... too expensive. I also like pretty much every Zooper I've ever come in contact with.
Found a few great ones on eBay and wanted to ask a few questions.
I've seen a few good things about the ZStreet here... but knew I could never convince DP so didn't pay that much attention... could someone indulge me now with more info? Do you love it? Also... how about the swing and waltz?
ZStreet looks like a great one, at an unbeatable price. How is it with car seats? I am NOT a fan of putting the car seat in the stroller for the most part, but being able to do it will be a plus if I ever need to.
How is the canopy? We live in FL, and are outdoors a lot. I need a lot of sun coverage... preferably a canopy that will go all the forward as a sun visor.
Are the wheels smooth or knobbly? Does it handle well off the sidewalk? I'd say about 90% of the time we'll be on the sidewalk, so it's not a HUGE deal.
Recline? Does it go flat, or nearly flat? Would you recommend for an infant without the carseat?
How is the basket? Is it easily accesible?
How easy is it to fold/unfold? Does it take up a lot of space?
Anything else you can tell me that I am leaving out? If we go with the ZStreet, it'll pretty much be sight unseen, which I don't like to do, but will be willing to do, since I have never met a zooper I didn't like.
Out of all of them, would you recommend the ZStreet, Swing, or Waltz? I like the Rhumba as well, but for the same price, the ZStreet seems like a better buy.
Thanks!
E

mommabear
04-29-2005, 04:03 PM
I can only comment on the waltz. I have that one in the brown. I LOVE IT!!!!!! easy to stear and smooth. A lot of posts here mention the website arunningstroller.com I called and talked to Marilyn and she raved about the waltz. I wanted to order one from her but her shipment got delayed so I ordered from another website. I waited for her shipment for 2 months, will definentaly give her future business.
One of my favorite things about the waltz is the sun shade. It is like a mesh that snaps on and hangs over the front of the stroller. I would send you some pics but i have a new baby (10 weeks) and am busy to say the least.
I would call marilyn if you are interrested in current models. If you want a discontinued one on ebay I'd go for it. They have great customer service so I would just make sure it comes with a manufactures warranty.

Splash
04-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Oh Marilyn knows me well.. I've been in there several times. In fact, I was going to go in to her warehouse today to fiddle with the Swing, but then she called me back and told me her husband and just shipped it out! How dare he!
She doesn't sell the ZStreet... no one does anymore. I have been getting mixed messages on the difference between the ZStreet and the Swing... as in, they are the same stroller, but they just changed the name. Does anyone know if this is true or not? Some places I have seen it said that it is, some places say it isn't. If it IS the same, just a different model year, I am DEFINITELY going with the ZStreet at over $100 cheaper, even with my ARS local discount. I feel a little bad for doing that, Marilyn has been so good to me (my girls LOVE her store, they ask to go a LOT!), but hey, money talks!
E

lenad
04-29-2005, 06:12 PM
I have a Waltz, but think you should get either Swing or Z-Street. Z-street is more plush (Swing is the new Z-street), but lighter. I almost got it myself, but DH wanted a new model (in case something goes wrong with it... btw, Zooper has the best customer service out there). I would get Waltz if you need a light full-feature stroller, but Swing if the weight is not an issue (or, of course, Zstreet).

Waltz, Swing and Zstreet are all good for newborns (recline all the way), and take car seats. Rhumba does not recline I believe, so not in the same category. It is really terrific to have the accessories included. For me it's the rain/wind cover (I live in Chicago), and for you it will be the sun cover (totally neat as you zip it into the front part of the hood).

There is absolutely no better stroller for the price. The only problem I have with my Waltz is that it takes some work to have it stay closed once I close it. But they are supposed to have fixed that on new models. I have never seen that listed as a problem on the other models.

I am the one person you will find on this site who did contact Marilyn (and actually got my Waltz from her) but she was less than helpful, and my second stroller (and a bunch of other things) I ordered from albee baby who were great.

LD

mariza
04-29-2005, 07:11 PM
Someone recommended this to me last week. I'm not familiar with Zooper, but this seems like a great price!
http://www.overstockbaby.com/product_info.php?products_id=61

Splash
04-29-2005, 07:48 PM
That's the one I'm looking at, but through LiquidBaby on eBay. Actually, it's the same price with him, so I guess I'll determine it on shipping.
Does anyone know anything about the "cool zone" part of it? I know it is less... intense. Made for people who don't need the boot, rain guard, etc. It WOULD be nice to have the sun shield, as we are out and about a lot, but it's not a huge deal. The regular shade shuold be enough.
I am so glad to be hearing good things about it. It looked great online, but I have never bought anything big ticket sight unseen before, or at least not something that will be a part of my every day life.
Weight is not a huge issue... I mean, it's in and out of the trunk, no big deal. I'd rather have a heavier stroller that is easier to push and more comfortable for the baby than a super lightweight one that isn't as nice. But at the same time I don't want a 35 lb travel system stroller. One of our vehicles has a smallish trunk, so an umbrella fold will be ideal.
I can get the swing for almost the same price... the full feature one (not cool zone). Actually, for about $20 more (after shipping costs on the ZStreet). But I think you guys have talked me into going with the ZStreet. I'm getting excited now!
And now the OTHER stroller we're looking at... I told you, we'll probably end up getting two... is the Zooper sport. Anyone know anything about that? It's air tires which doesn't exactly thrill me, but I suppose I could live with it. Since DP will primarily be the one using it, it doesn't matter so much what I think. But she hates dual handle bars, she wants a single handle, which is why this one appealed to her.
E

dules
04-29-2005, 08:32 PM
I LOVED my Z Street (navy) but you will probably want to add a sun shield like a RayShade as the canopy is not great.

It has an appropriate recline for a newborn, comes with carseat adaptor bar, and is overall a great stroller for both parent and baby.

One note, it's not great for tall people...the Swing added height adjustible handles (and a few pounds).

I suspect that Overstockbaby and Liquid Baby are the same seller...but have no proof of that, lol.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Mary

lenad
04-30-2005, 12:09 AM
I second the "not great for tall people" for Waltz. I am 5' 4" and kick the wheels on occasion. Swing does have adjustable handles.

LD

Severine
05-06-2005, 09:10 AM
>I suspect that Overstockbaby and Liquid Baby are the same
>seller...but have no proof of that, lol.

They are. :) The last thing I ordered from liquidbaby (the Zooper Peas & Carrots highchair) was shipped with a label from overstockbaby.com - pretty much gave it away. :)

To the original poster, I am very pleased with the Zooper zSreet I bought from liquidbaby back in February. However, I'm probably not the best source for info since I haven't really used it yet (baby's not due until next month). But it's been fun to zip around the house with, and I have played with all the features. I like the infant bed that you can make with it by using the boot. It also came with a sun/bug shield and rain shield. We had no problems attaching our Snugride infant carseat to it, either. It folds compactly and, while it weighs about the same as the Metrolite LE that we originally bought (and later decided we didn't like), it isn't as bulky.

kellij
05-18-2005, 09:46 PM
I have a Swing. I LOVE it. I'm in Oklahoma and I had to order it on faith online as well, but I'm glad I did. I also get tons of compliments on it. The cool zone is supposed to also have different fabric, so if you're in a cool area, you might prefer to have a the non-cool zone version. I ordered my Swing from ebay in December. I paid 120 shipped. The only problem I had was that the bolt that adjusts the seat broke. I contacted Zooper customer service and they had me send them pictures of what was wrong. They ended up sending me an entirely new frame, free of charge. My only complaint is what someone mentioned about, the shade isn't fabulous. It doesn't move forward, I think it only stays in the on top position. The ZStreet is the 2003 model and the Swing is the 2004 version of the Z-Street with a few changes, like the adjustable handles.

msjd123
05-19-2005, 11:53 PM
How weird -- the exact same thing just happened to me! DH yanked on the seat a little too hard when he was trying to get it to recline, and the peg that holds the seat in position got jammed and broke. Like you, though, I emailed them and sent pictures, and now they're sending me a new frame. I wonder if this is a weak spot for the Swing....

For Splash: I live in Southern CA where it is already HOT, and while I love the sunshade in theory, I have to warn you that it doesn't block as much sun as you'd think. In reality, it blocks the sun's glare, but it's really a fine mesh reflective netting, and the baby still has the sun on her skin. It doesn't really offer much, if any, UV protection, and since my baby has fair skin, that's a concern. Because of that, I always end up draping a blanket over the canopy when I'm out with her and the sun would be on her. I hate that look and plan on getting a Kiddopotamus "ray shade" soon, but for now, the blanket works.

On the other hand, I've been pleasantly surprised that I love the stroller's attachable boot and the raincover. I didn't think I'd use them, but the boot keeps my baby nice and toasty when it's cold out and it almost turns the stroller into a pram-like carriage. The raincover has been great for drizzly days, but also for very windy days.

Anyhow, hopes this helps!