PDA

View Full Version : Does this product exist? If not, someone make it...

lmariana
04-30-2005, 08:56 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this, but it's mainly a stroller questions, so here it is...

We were recently at Disney, and with the upcoming arrival of #2 in our lives, I started thinking about Disney with two little ones. I'm planning on buying the Valco Twin Runabout as our big double stroller, since Gabe is still young and a big rider.

I really prefer to have a young infant reclined in the seat rather than in a car seat while riding in the stroller. But what do you do for dining?!? Most Disney restaurants are "stroller friendly", but I don't think they would be "twin stroller friendly". I can leave the stroller outside, but then what do I do with the little baby inside? Usually, you just carry in the car seat, but if I don't use the car seat with the stroller, what do I do?

Is there a product that can fold away in the stroller basket and be used for the little infant while in a restaurant? The closest thing I can think of is a Bumbo seat, which we love, but it's not practical if you have a sleepy baby on your hands.

Am I just stuck using the car seat in the stroller for Disney trips?

I'd love any thoughts on this!!! Thanks!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051024/0/21/1/-5/.png

dules
04-30-2005, 09:41 AM
My first thought for a sleepy baby (and I'm sure you've thought of it) is a sling! LOL.

Otherwise maybe someone could come up with a nice safe seat design...that folds flat and yet unfolds into something comfy and fits in a stroller basket...Hmmmm!

Best,
Mary

jmac588
04-30-2005, 10:32 AM
Ok, assuming you will have the carseat with you regardless of how you got to FL (unless you walked!), you will probably need to rearrange your dining habits a bit, not eat in the park, and wait until you get back to your room to freshen up, then put the baby in the carseat and go out to dinner (if you don't think a sling will work for whatever reason). I'm assuming the Valco carseat attachment bar is easily removed/attached?

When I took my infant with us to WDW, we brought the Combi Perfect Match exactly for this reason. Could use carseat to walk through airport, etc and then switch so baby could sit in the stroller at the parks. For dinner, we would mostly click the carseat into the stroller and deal with it that way so baby could sleep at the table (whether or not we had to leave the stroller at the entrance).

Just got back from WDW this time around (infant carseat no longer needed) with our MBUD. As for eating inside the park, my 1yo was sleeping during a lunch reservation at the Crystal Palace (of course Pooh was there which was why we did it in the first place and she was sleeping!), so we kind of found ourselves in a situation since, as you know, strollers get parked at the entrance. They were very nice about it and told us we could bring the stroller inside (but I didn't want to deal with the MBUD in there since it's a buffet and people and characters are walking around), so they gave me a very interesting contraption.....

It was a reclined bucket seat (kind of like the type on some grocery store carriages), that sat on top of a high chair frame. So she could sit in it and lay back and continue sleeping. It actually worked out perfectly and I was pleasantly surprised that they were able to provide something like this.

Ok, if it was a newborn I would be concerned about germs and stuff, yeah, but I'm sure it's no worse than a highchair and if you put a blanket in it (just like you would with a cart cover for the highchair) it would provide a barrier for a younger child.

Sorry so long, but just wanted to let you know my experiences.

lenad
04-30-2005, 10:48 AM
error

lenad
04-30-2005, 10:49 AM
Oh, a baby carrier (pouch, sling, Mei Tai, wrap), of course!

LD

lenad
04-30-2005, 10:49 AM
Double post.

Edensmum
04-30-2005, 09:58 PM
My first thought was the sling too. I also have a booster seat that reclines. Does not fold flat but you could hang it off the back of the valco just for a small trip. Check em out at BRU.
Eden 9/04

writeleigh
05-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah, when Liam was small we used a sling in that situation. It worked very well to keep him asleep in restaurants, etc. for the first few months.