PDA

View Full Version : More Zooper questions...

Splash
04-30-2005, 07:58 PM
Okay, now I'm debating between the ZStreet and Swing. I've not seen the ZS IRL, but have seen the swing and liked it a lot.
The ZS is only available in Cool Zone... well we live in FL so that might be a plus. But, contrary to popular belief, it DOES get cold in FL. And I really think I would like to have the glare filter or whatever the thing is that comes on the standard ones.
The available ZStreet is a 2003, not a big deal, but no longer under warranty (even if it is NIB). I think... does anyone know is Zooper warranties start when you purchase the item, or when the item is made? The Swing I am looking at is a 2004... newer year, still under warranty (I guess).
Plus, the swing I am looking at comes with all the goodies... the only thing I really think will be a big deal will be the glare filter. I don't imagine we'll ever use the boot, except maybe this winter when she's itty bitty. The rain shield I can live without. With FL showers... by the time I had the thing on, the rain would probably be over, and I am not gonna go for extensive hikes in the rain anyway!
All other factors being equal (they aren't, but let's pretend they are) which is a better stroller? Okay, I like the color on the ZS better, but I can get over that. Has anyone actually seen black denim? I haven't... it doesn't look great online, but I can get over it even if if is ugly. But we do have cats, so hair might show, depending on the type of fabric (if it really is denim, it shouldn't, but if it only denim looking, it might).
The price is fairly comparable. Or I can buy a tan swing as USA baby off the floor for about $140 (but I have a $20 GC which I'll never use bc I hate USABaby) but I don't trust them to sell anything decent, especially off the floor.

Any on to my other question... we're thinking off getting one of the above strollers... AND a waltz. DP prefers a single handlebar, I prefer umbrellas. She doesn't care about single rear wheels, I do but can't really tell you why. We were going to each be getting our "own" stroller... and we found a pretty good deal on the waltz. It's either that or the Aria which someone else was going to purchase for us (she likes it, I HATE it). Anything good to say about the waltz? Are we crazy to buy two at once, especially never having seen either of them? I've fiddled with the swing IRL, and if the ZS is very similar, I know I'll love it. And, if we do go with the ZS, does anyone know if the accesories from the Waltz (mostly the glare filter) will be compatible (officially or unofficially) with the ZS? If they will... then having two sets is kinda pointless.

TIA
E

pittsburghgirl
05-01-2005, 12:43 PM
I have a Zstreet and we have been very happy with it. The one feature the Swing has which I would have liked is the extendable handles, my DH is pretty tall and he would have enjoyed being able to make the handles taller. If you are average height it probably won't make a difference, I'm 5'7" and the handles are fine for me.

If the glare filter is the only accessory you really think you would use (I have used my "boot" now and then but it has been pretty cold when I got it out), then I would just get a protect-a-bub or Rayshade canopy attachement instead of the glare filter. We used the glare thing once, it ended up breaking the snap on the canopy (Zooper sent a new one quickly, though) and I wasn't really fond of it -- I'd rather just have an extended canopy instead of fiddling with the mesh. I have used my rain cover a lot, though, it doesn't take long to snap on and has made a couple of trips to the market possible for me - I didn't mind getting wet but it was a little too chilly for DS to get wet.

I would think the warranty isn't dependent on year of purchase, if the product is NIB. (But I could be wrong?) You could email Zooper to ask. Their C/S is awesome.

I'm not sure I would pay the extra for the Swing just to get the glare filter. Esp. as you like the fabric on the cool zone.

As to getting a Waltz and a ZStreet or Swing... I haven't tried the Waltz IRL so I really don't know how it steers, etc. But if DP is set on a one-handled stroller and you don't like the aria, it's a good choice in terms of value. Although the Aria is much lighter, that might be useful to you at some point. I don't know about the accessories working on both, either, sorry!

Marilee
mommy to James
http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

chinolatinodad
05-02-2005, 08:19 PM
I got one of the internet clearance 2003 Zstreets a few months ago and also am very happy with it. Just before DS arrived, I gave it a good examination and noticed the little plastic cap on the end of the handlebar was cracked- they sent me a new one, no charge, very quickly, so I'm guessing the warranty is still good.
I'm 5'11" and DW is 5'6"- the handlebar height seems ok to both of us.

Don't know much about the Waltz- it seems to be similar to the old Sports, except without the air tires- I would guess from the Sport that I saw that the car seat adaptor bar would probably work on both, but you probably could email the zooper c/s for that.

HTH,
Mike

newmama4
05-03-2005, 08:56 AM
I don't know about the swing and the ZS but I do know about the waltz - I just got mine this past weekend and love it! It definitely has a one hand push - is very easy to stear/push, the DD is very comfy in it and all the accessories are great (though she is 6 months and we tried to use the boot (cool toes) - it was huge and didn't really cover her us so I think your DD might be too small to use it this winter in Florida). Anyway, its a really great stroller - and this coming from a baby wearer! No stroller is perfect I discovered and there are allways trade offs, but so far I am really happy with the waltz.

Good luck!
Elise
Hannah Meira's Eema (11/16/04)

Severine
05-06-2005, 09:00 AM
I bought one of the NIB 2003 Zooper zStreets from liquidbaby (aka overstockbaby.com) back in February and I am very pleased with it. The warranty starts from date of purchase, BTW. I just sent in the warranty card a few weeks ago for mine. I don't know what accessories come with the ones up for sale right now, but my zStreet came with the boot, rain shield, and sun/bug shield. The directions for "assembly" leave much to be desired (my husband, who is not one to read directions, tried to use the ones that came with this stroller and noted that it seemed steps were left out...but he was able to put it all together). But the stroller itself is really nice, and folds quite compactly. I should also mention that my husband is 6'4" and while we haven't been able to really use the stroller yet since our baby isn't due until next month, he had no troubles zipping around the house with it to try it out (I'm 5'5", BTW, and also had no problems).

As a PP mentioned, the zStreet doesn't have adjustable handles, so if this is something you feel you really need, then it isn't for you.

Sorry I couldn't offer advice on the others you mentioned.

punrocker
05-10-2005, 11:48 AM
I bought a Z-Street in July 2003 at retail price ($199), when I was still pregnant. DS is now 20 months old. I really like the ZS, except for a few things (which Zooper may have fixed in the new models):

1. The stroller is Graco car seat compatible, with a special bar that replaces the napper bar (front armrest), and a securing strap. But, since DS was 25.5" at his 4 mo. checkup, we switched to a convertible car seat pretty early. It turns out that the harness straps on the Z-Street are a bit too big for him, even when tightened as far as possible. I called Zooper to see if the harness could be adjusted somehow, but they said no. The very nice customer service woman kept reiterating that the 5-point harness exceeded federal safety standards, but that didn't solve my problem. I had to put a folded blanket under DS for a few months, and eventually figured out I could loop the bottom strap around the napper bar divider (I still do this--and the shoulder harness is pretty much still as tight as it can go). The "suitable from birth" description in the catalog and on the website was a bit misleading, I think. Hopefully, Zooper has redesigned the harness on the newer models.

2. The stroller came with a sunshade, which zips into a self-pouch. When the sunshade is attached, the zipper on the pouch part happened to fall right at DS's feet when he was 4 or 5 mos. old, so if he was especially kicky, the bottoms of his socks got shredded. I found this out the hard way, with our fave pair of H&M bear socks! Thank goodness for Robeez shoes.

3. When open, the "sunroof" cover tends to flap around in the breeze. I loop our "Little Tripper" diaper bag strap around the handles, over the flap.

4. It can be difficult to steer one-handed.

5. Some people say it can't be folded one-handed, but I've managed to both open and fold it with my 24+ lbs. son in one arm; it just takes a little juggling and practice. It folds compactly (umbrella style), but it's a little "tallish" with the front swivel wheels in the locked position.

6. You have to use 2 hands to adjust the backrest. At the most upright position, it doesn't lock into place--DS can lean forward and take the backrest with him. But we usually keep it in the 2nd highest position.

Things I love: the front & rear wheel suspension (smooth ride!), the full boot, the cool colors (we bought the platinum model), canopy with visor and sunroof, sunshade, rain shield, ergonomic handles, reflectors, 5 recline positions.

We bought our Zooper from Little Folks on E. 23rd--went there to test drive it when I was about 7 mos. pregnant, then ordered it online (free shipping).