PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Inglesina Liberty

Valerie99
05-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Does "Liberty" refer to the whole thing or just the seat/bassinet. It looks like the Allum chassis. Is the chassis considered to be a true pram? I see Strollerqueen recommend prams alot for walking over moderate terrain, and I wonder if this would also fit the bill. One site (www.kiwi-kid.com) says it comes with bassinet, seat and toddler seat? I don't see the toddler seat option listed anywhere else though. How big are the tires, and are they rubber or air-filled? Last, does anyone have pics of it with the seat on without the boot? I think that's all for now! Thanks!

strollerqueen
05-01-2005, 11:17 PM
The Liberty does just refer to the seat and bassinette. You use the bassinette for your baby, then when they are older you switch to the seat. You can choose whichever chassis you like. The one on my website is on the Allum chassis. The wheels are rubber, and they are 8" and 9", front and back. They have handled all my normal outdoor walks just beautifully. The advantage of the Allum chassis is that the wheels swivel, and it has a footboard that an older child can ride on.

Valerie99
05-03-2005, 02:15 AM
Thanks! Is the suspension on the allum chassis "bouncy" like a true pram? Is it good for gravel, grass, unpaved roads, etc.?

CPSDarren
05-03-2005, 09:56 AM
I don't have much experience with true prams, but the ones I've seen are quite solid and heavy. The Allum is more like a full size standard swivel-wheel stroller chassis.

It's definitely not going to be as good off smooth surfaces as something with a heavy-duty suspension and 10" rubber or 12" air filled tires. On the other hand, it does have large 8-9" wheels and should handle much better off road than most of the other Euro strollers that have 7" or smaller wheels and minimal suspensions.

I have some comments on the Magnum and Allum here:
http://www.epinions.com/content_178292952708

If you want to be able to run a grassy field or gravel lot from time to time, the Allum is fine. If you do it frequently, then the Comfort or Ergo Bike chassis is a better choice. I noticed both of those are on sale at Kiwi-Kid, though for some reason I haven't been able to get email responses from them in the last month and wonder if they are having problems.

Darren
www.seatcheck.net