PDA

View Full Version : Which stroller should we take to Edinburgh from the US this summer? 2 week vacation, hotel, some car, some train, and obviously a long flight! One DD, 19 months (new walker), two parents, one parent w

dules
05-01-2005, 10:07 AM
I don't have a problem gate-checking one of these two strollers and am leaning toward taking one instead of buying a lightweight because they are strong, durable, comfortable and have decent sun protection (have PAB for MBUS).

I think we will have to bring the Marathon so having a stroller to get through the airport will be key! Either that or we'll have to buy one ASAP, which won't make DH too happy (lol).

Thoughts appreciated!

Best,

Mary

1gingerale
05-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Mary,

Your going to Edinburgh sun what sun? :P

My family lives there we went for 5 weeks rained for 5 weeks (July/Aug) we did have one day of sunshine then the next day everything flooded on Princess St. (great sales as a result)

Take the one that has the best rain cover. Hope for sunshine but prepare for rain.

There is a great bakery on the Royal Mile I think it is called Fergusons, if it is still there. Everything is made from scratch. They even go to the farmers market and pick the berries for berry tarts.

Anyway back to strollers there are still alot of cobblestone roads and hills to be pushing the stroller up and down. Outside the Castle toward the palace I remember there being a huge hill going two ways. I would take what you feel most comfortable on hills with and will keep your little ones dry. Since rain is more likely then sunshine.

The tatoo is on in August at the Castle for that I would want an umbrella stroller or sling, security for that is tight (and I went pre-911) and so is space. So if you are going to the military tatoo the seats are really tight.

Will you be using the buses there? The buses will get you everywhere you want to go, even what you might think of as out in the sticks. So again you might want an umbrella stroller for buses.

Caroline

mom2kate
05-01-2005, 02:19 PM
It depends on what you will be doing while you are in Edinburgh. If mostly outside then I would take the MBUS. If you will be popping the stroller in the car or going in and out of museums, shops, etc, I think the X Fold would be easier (though I haven't ever used an X Fold - I think it is fairly similar to the P3). I have taken my P3 twice to the UK and it was great, but I was in and out of the car/taxi as well as in and out of museums.

I second the vote for the rain covers - though in my last 3 trips to the UK and Ireland we have had outstanding weather (i.e. it only rained 1-2 days), but I think you'd rather be safe than sorry.

Have a great trip!
Jackie