PDA

View Full Version : Need help picking outdoor stroller

stcelia
05-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Hey Y'all, I think this got lost in another post. I need a lot of help picking out an outdoorsy stroller.

I'm looking for an all terrain type stroller for my 2 mo. old son and I. I don't actually run (knees), but I'd like to be able to go for a daily jog/brisk walk over broken and uneven side walks, and take it out on trails as well. I have a Pliko I use for everyday mall type stuff, but I need something more outdoorsy. I don't want to spend a ton, since I'm not a marathon runner. My other condition is size - I live in a very small house and have very little storage (the pliko lives in my trunk) so I need something that will fold as compactly as possible.

Is it important for the front wheel to swivel or is fixed really ok?

Also, can someone explain to me why I might want to spend more money for the nicer stroller vs. the less expensive ones that run 100 - 150 bucks? Are the options worth it, or would the less pricey ones work for a gal like me?

Lastly, any ideas where I could try these out before I buy? BRU only carries a couple cheapies - none of the nicer models. I live in Atlanta.

Thanks,
jenn

writeleigh
05-01-2005, 03:05 PM
Hi! You might want to check out all the various reviews on joggingstroller.com - they give a fairly extensive review of all of the jogging/all terrain strollers. I've been told that for rough terrain a non-swivel wheel works best, but I am sure others with a bit more experience can help you better there.

I live in Atlanta as well. You can see and try out floor models of many of the jogging strollers at the following locations:
1. New Baby Products - they have two locations. I've only been to the one on Chesire Bride Rd., but you could call either/both locations to see which brands they carry. THey have many of the upper-end stroller models like MUBS, Dreamer Designs, Maclaren, etc.

2. ####'s Sporting Goods- they carry some jogging strollers too. You also may want to call whichever location is closer to you to see what they carry.

3 Stroll and Go (www.strollandgo.com) carries Valco, BOB, and some others. They are located in Woodstock - not sure how close or far that would be for you:)

Hope this helps a bit!