PDA

View Full Version : Peg Perego A3

MEEandBaby2B
05-02-2005, 08:29 AM
My DH and I tried out the new Peg Perego A3 Pramette at Buy Buy Baby yesterday. We both loved it. It has a really slick one hand fold, not quite as good as the Zippy but still great. The wheels are an inch bigger (7 1/2") than the Venezia and P3. It has a reversible seat that is really easy to use and flip out parent cup holders. Unfortunately it doesn't have a boot or child tray like the Venezia. It has a single bar handle also. It was the same price as the Venezia.

One thing that greatly confuses me though is the weight listed in the 2005 Peg catalog. It lists the A3 as 23 lbs and the Venezia as 17 lbs, which is lighter than previous years for the Venezia. When we tried them out, the A3 seemed to be of similar weight to the P3 and much lighter than the Venezia. Could this be a typo in the Peg catalog? They don't have the specs listed on their web site yet. If it is just our imagination and the A3 isn't lighter, I wouldn't consider it, since I prefer to have the reversible handle, boot and child tray for the same price and "supposed" lighter weight of the Venezia. Wasn't the whole point of the A3 supposed to be that it was a lighter weight carriage/stroller alternative?

Soon2beMamaD
05-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Thank you for your review...I posted an inquiry on this stroller a couple of days ago! I still think it's the stroller I want...one hand fold, peg quality, nice basket, semi reversible

THanks again

racerl1
05-02-2005, 12:21 PM
We have been asking the same question about the weight. We have been to 2 different stores to check out the A3 next to the Venezia. Both stores pulled out their price list that came directly from Peg Perego, and on that list, the A3 and the Venezia are both listed as 17 pounds. We also had the 2005 catalog that listed the 23 lbs vs. 18 lbs, and to make matters worse, the PP website lists different weights also. My husband and I both felt that the 2 strollers both felt about the same weight, so we are leaning towards the A3. I can't figure out what features, other than the boot, we would lose by not getting the Venezia. We live in Orlando, FL, so I doubt we would ever use the boot. Can anyone give us another benefit of the Venezia over the A3?

MEEandBaby2B
05-02-2005, 03:28 PM
I wonder what answer I would get if I called the US branch of the company about the weight? It is wierd that you are able to see dimensions for the A3 on the website. It is blank for that model when I look. Since everywhere previous stated that the Venezia is 23 lbs. The Peg web site also lists it that way. I am guessing the catalog has the weights mixed up. The tag on the Venezia at Buy Buy Baby said 23 lbs. It didn't list a weight on the A3's tag. I swear the A3 felt lighter, more like the P3. Who knows.

Oh, BTW in answer to your question, you don't get a child snack tray with the A3, just a napper bar. I really don't mind that too much. Also you don't get a reversible handle with the A3, you get a reversible seat, which is not as quick and easy and you would have to take baby out of the stroller to switch it.

If anyone else knows the answer to the weight question or has a theory, I'm dying to hear it!

strollerqueen
05-02-2005, 07:07 PM
That's a typo. It is quite typical of manufacturers to list incorrect weights. My P3 weighs 19 pounds, and my Venezia weighs 22 pounds. The A3 should be closer to the P3 in weight. So no, it's not your imagination.

strollerqueen
05-02-2005, 07:08 PM
That's a typo. It is quite typical of manufacturers to list incorrect weights. My P3 weighs 19 pounds, and my Venezia weighs 22 pounds. The A3 should be closer to the P3 in weight. So no, it's not your imagination.

dianna
05-03-2005, 10:36 PM
This weight discrepancy has been driving me crazy too.

I am in the same boat, trying to decide between the A3 and Venezia. I LOVE the quick reversing handle on the Venezia and the added features of the boot and snack tray. On the A3 it just seems smaller to me, although when you look at the dimensions is really isn't much different. I definitely thought the A3 was lighter when I lifted them at the store, and I find the fold easier on the A3 also.

But I just can't get over all the functions of the Venezia and its jut so cute with the boot attached and laid flat as a bassinet! My only worry is that it might be to big for navigating around the mall?

Any thoughts? What would you do?

Dianna

Soon2beMamaD
05-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Does anyone know if you could get a snack tray to snap into place,it seems my only hesitation on the stroller.

Jen

Soon2beMamaD
05-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know if you could get a snack tray to snap into place,it seems my only hesitation on the stroller.

Jen

MEEandBaby2B
05-04-2005, 05:07 PM
So if the weight is indeed wrong are the other measurements listed in the catalog incorrect too?

I was wondering the same thing about the snack tray. Are there aftermarket snack trays that you can use on stollers that have bumper bars?

Grantsmom
05-18-2005, 12:43 PM
I dont know about the Venzia but I bought the A3 only because the sun shade is so great. We live in Atlanta and the sun is always on my baby and this is the biggest sunshade I have seen. So that is a plus to it. The stroller is a bit heavy but the basket is good, fold is easy, and seems comfortable for my baby. Looks great. I will use this one for my walks in the park and the mall and get a smaller Mclaren for quicker trips since this one is a bit large to take on vacation etc.