PDA

View Full Version : Stroller for hot Las Vegas

njsnyc
05-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi

We will be relocating to Las Vegas next month and I was wondering if I should invest in a Zooper Cool Zone stroller (though I am having a hard time finding one?). I have a Frog but I notice my 4 mos old sweating the one day it reached over 90 in NYC. Does anyone have experience with the Cool Zone or any other stroller that will protect DS in the extreme heat and sun?

Thanks
njs

strollerqueen
05-02-2005, 03:58 PM
At this price, you may as well grab one:

www.overstockbaby.com

njsnyc
05-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Thanks, I just found this zooper and thought it might be a great buy. I just posted some questions about it... you may ver well know the answers-

Does ths sport have air tires?
Is there additional sun protection besides what is shown in the photo?
And, do you think this would be an acceptable travel stroller for airplane travel?

Thanks again!
njs

strollerqueen
05-02-2005, 04:17 PM
I think the Z St. would be easier for travel than the Sport. The fold is easier, and it weighs 7 pounds less, which is a lot.

I know the regular Sports had air tires, and both the Z St. and Sport came with sun canopies.

People have received the "Cool Zone" models both ways; with and without accessories, and one person posted here that the Cool Zone Sports don't have air tires. I think the best thing to do would be to email Zooper CS, and get the definitive word from them.

njsnyc
05-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks, will do!
njs

chinolatinodad
05-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Dear NJS,
I have the ZStreet in CoolZone which I bought from Liquidbaby, an ebay store (the stroller arrived like 48hrs after I ordered it, BTW- they are a good ebay store). I really like this stroller- does well on our bumpy sidewalks, folds easily, seems well-made, fits a Graco SnugRide really well-- and it was very much worth the $100 or so with shipping. I've seen a red Sport in a local store (USA Baby in Cleveland, OH) for $199 on sale- it seems to be a pretty nice stroller, too- it doesn't fold as compactly as the Z-street and weighs a few lbs more, but you could probably do airplane travel with it. My Z-street coolzone came with a bug guard, rain cover, car seat adaptor, and cozy toes- some of them don't come with this stuff so check around. The bug shade is not SPF-rated, and the canopy is not all that big, so for Vegas you might need to buy an extra shade.

Liquidbaby has the coolzone Sport for $91.99 plus i think $19 for shipping, and on their ebay store description it says it has air tires (but you may want to call or write them first). (They also still have the ZStreet, but they say that the ones they have left don't have all the goodies.)

Looking at the inventory of overstockbaby and liquidbaby, I wonder if they're the same people-- they seem to have the same stuff for basically the same price....

Oh yeah- my Zstreet had a little broken plastic cap at the end of one of the handles- no biggie; I emailed Zooper CS and had a free replacement in under a week!

Sorry so long, hope this helps!
Mike