PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about BOB & other double joggers?

Beth568
05-03-2005, 09:31 AM
I have a 3.5 year old and a 5 month old. We're planning summer vacations, and thinking about going places where we'd need to do a fair amount of walking, some on unpaved trails. I think a jogging stroller is going to be best for us because we won't always be on sidewalks.

My older DD doesn't often ride in a stroller, so I don't have a double, and I've never used one, so I know nothing about them. I'd like a stroller that's sturdy and comfortable enough for both her and the baby, as well as comfortable for us to push.

Anyone have the BOB? Is it worth the extra money? And is a jogger with a fixed front wheel really hard to steer? Is a side by side double awkward to maneuver?

What are your recommendations for double joggers, and brands I should absolutely avoid? Thanks so much for suggestions...

Beth

sbirmantaz
05-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Hi, I have a 2.5 and 1.5 year old and have had the double BOB yellow ironman for over a month now and LOVE it! It is really smooth and I have noticed that the shocks really do make a difference, although I had read elsewhere that they didn't. The canopy is really good and my girls seem very comfortable. Even though it is a fixed wheel it turns easily since it is so light (28.5 #) I think. HTH