PDA

View Full Version : Quinny Buzz- sorry, more questions

Mamajama
05-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Hi there, I know the Quinny Buzz has been a hot topic around here but I just have a few questions. I live in Boston so I do alot of walking and also driving so I'm looking for somethings that handles like a Bugaboo but is easier to transport. So here go my questions:

1. Do you need to remove the seat to fold it? Their website says to remove the seat but i've seen pics of it folded with the seat on. Also, someone on this board said you can fold it with the seat on but only if it's in forward-facing position. Is that true?
2. Would you take it on an airplane?
3. How much does it weigh? Heavier than Bugaboo?
4. What's the cost and best way to order? I've seen that some people are doing group buys?

Thanks!

MomTo5
05-03-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi. Yes you can fold it when the seat is in the forward facing position. Theres no need to remove the seat unless its rear facing. You can't take it on a plane since it too big but you can gate check it. Thats just where you take it onto the jetway with you and leave it for the gate crew to load onto the plane for you. I'm not sure how heavy the Bugaboo is but the Buzz is fairky heavy but I don't think its too heavy for everyday. The best way to order is through www.babycare.nl, If you are interested I am also selling my like new Buzz in Blu Mist. It has been used around 6 times and looks brand new. My youngest is 2 and we just didn't use it as much as we thought. It is an awesome stroller though. Please email me if your interested at: [email protected]. I HTH's.

Thanks!
Melissa

Mamajama
05-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the info! So, you can't fold it with the seat on if it's rear facing?
I have a 4 month old and will probably keep him rear facing for a few months more. hmmm, but that's not necessarily a deal-breaker. The stroller does look very cool.

MomTo5
05-04-2005, 06:54 AM
If you wanted to leave it in rear facing most of the time while you are using it, it is a snap to change the seat position to fold it. You basically just push down on two levers on either side of the seat and pull the seat up out of the frame and turn it around. I have done this by myself with my 2 yr old in it. Its a snap. HTH.

Melissa

lmariana
05-04-2005, 08:10 AM
1. Yes, you can fold it with the seat on in the forward-facing position, but it wouldn't fit in my car that way. My Bugaboo fits great, but the Buzz didn't. I had to take it apart to get it to fit. We have a VW Passat Wagon, if that helps. Overall, the Bug's fold is more compact than the Buzz. I'm also a suburban (Atlanta) mom, so my stroller is constantly in and out of the car too.

2. I've flown with my Bugaboo, and had a good experience, but got a flat tire on the way home. Fortunately, Bugaboo parts are easy to get in the US (my local dealer fixed it for free), not true for the Quinny parts. So, my only hesitation flying with the Buzz would be damage/flat and not being able to get a replacement for a couple weeks. It would stink to take your good stroller somewhere and then not be able to use it and probably have to buy another one while on your trip.

3. I can't remember the exact weight, but I want to say around 25-28 pounds? The Bugaboo is 19 with the seat. However, one of the benefits of a 2-part fold (for the Buzz or Bug) is that you are lifting two lighter parts separately, instead of one heavy part all at once.

4. I bought my Buzz through a group buy, and paid about $525ish. It took a few weeks. There are a few being re-sold though, so you could get a good deal, faster. I know there's a Blue Mist, Red Flame, and Purple for sale.

I ended up selling my Buzz and keeping my Bugaboo. I liked the steering better, I liked the compactness, I liked the newborn bassinet option, and I just liked the mechanics better overall. I found the Bug's recline, fold, canopy, brakes, etc to be more smooth than the Buzz. Also, the local customer service was a BIG deal for me. I don't like the thought of being "stranded" from any fast service incase anything goes wrong.

Also, I found the Buzz a lot more cumbersome than the Bugaboo. It was harder it get in and out of the car, and it was harder to navigate in stores because of the wider wheel base. I also felt the Bug had much better suspension. Anytime I'd go on brick streets, I could feel every bump in the handlebars, whereas I feel nothing with the Bugaboo.

The Buzz did have many nice features, like the higher seatback, adjustable handlebar, but overall I missed my Bug. :) I also missed my basket! I love the Bugaboo's basket and find it very versatile, and the Buzz just has that small Buzz box which really doesn't fit much.

In the end, I'm a Bugaboo fan, probably for life. I plan on upgrading to a Chameleon once they're out. :) My local dealer (www.strollandgo.com) is going to some show this month where they'll be debuting them! I can't wait to hear when they'll be available here.

I too have searched for a lighter/smaller/easier/etc Bugaboo, but I haven't found anything. I tried quite a few, but I always come back to my Bug. There are several of moms on here who have moved on from their Bugs. I think many went to a MBUS.

I hope this helps you a bit! I know it's not a "glowing" review of the Buzz, but it's just my experience! Lots of people love 'em!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051024/0/21/1/-5/.png