PDA

View Full Version : How to decide? Valco Twin Runabout vs. Single w/ Toddler Seat

ashkash
05-04-2005, 09:25 AM
I was all set to order the Twin Runabout, but now am wondering if I'd be happier with the Single plus Toddler Seat. Right now we have 2 DS's: Dean will be 3 in June, is 35 lbs & around 38-39" tall. Colin is 15 months, 25 lbs & 31". Both like to ride, though Dean will sometimes walk at the zoo. I do like to have the option of "containing" them both at times, lol, especially at the mall. We're trying for #3 now, too, so I'm kind of thinking ahead, that maybe the Twin would be better once I'm pg, so I don't have to lift either of the boys into a Toddler Seat, and then we could add a Toddler Seat to the Twin to accommodate 3 kids. But then the Single is narrower & lighter than the Twin, right? So maybe that would be better.

I swear, every time I think I've decided on one, I think of why I should get the other one! Does anyone have any advice on which way I should go with this? I currently have an Inglesina Twin Jet, which I've really enjoyed, but it's just getting kind of cumbersome to push with both boys in it. I have a PP Tender Twin too, but haven't liked it as much, other than its being narrow.

TIA!

JodiM
05-04-2005, 09:34 AM
I would say single w/toddler seat... but, since you're planning on #3 soon, definitely go with the twin.

lmariana
05-04-2005, 09:46 AM
My son will be 26 mo when #2 is born in October. I'm getting the Single for now and adding the Toddler seat later. I'll also be buying the Twin in October as well. I'll probably use the Single+Toddler for errands/short trips, and the Twin for long walks and trips to Disney, where I know Gabe will be riding a lot.

Having seen both in person, I love these strollers! I have no doubts that these will stick around for a long time. I also figure that I have enough friends and family members popping out kids that an extra seat or two will always come in handy. :)

So this doesn't help you decide, because I'm just getting both! Maybe a retailer will give you a discount with the purchase of two? :)

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051024/0/21/1/-5/.png