PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Need Stroller for Chicago Trip!

iriebride
05-04-2005, 01:12 PM
My DS is 22 mos and we've been happy with our Combi Ultra Savvy PM since birth. We've traveled to Hawaii with it when DS was only 3 mos old and worked great! Love the compact fold, light weight and carrying strap. We currently do a lot of road trips in So.Cal. and it has worked well. However...

We're going to Chicago in a couple of months and now we want a smaller, lightweight stroller. I'd like to use this for our roadtrips as well. I'd like a good stroller that will able to withstand the streets of Chicago, easy fold and carry for in/out of the El and/or car and comfy for DS. He's used to a snack tray, but it's not necessary.

From reading this board, Strollerqueen's site and BBB, it sounds like the Mac Quest or Volo are great options. Like the look of the Buzz and Zapp but that might be overkill. Any other brands I should look at?

BTW, I'm not looking to spend alot of money (under $200) b/c we'll be thinking of buying another stroller when the second baby arrives in Dec or Jan.

Thanks,
Joyce

Nooknookmom
05-04-2005, 06:00 PM
be sure to eat at Gino's East!!!!!!!!! They have THE best pizza in Chicago! Giordano's is a close second. I grew up in Chicagoland and we ate at GE A LOT - have a great trip.

Oh and be sure to see the Museum of Science & Industry and the Art Museum. I live in So. Cal. now and can't believe how much I miss these great museums!

HTH

knaidel
05-04-2005, 07:04 PM
I have a Mac Quest as my "public transportation stroller." We go downtown (Chicago) pretty frequently, You can get a 2006 model at albeebaby.com pretty cheap. Also, I don't know anything about them- but there is a Zooper (a rhumba, I think) that's supposed to have good suspension (good for city sidewalks) being sold on ebay right now. Don't know about the fold, though.
Anyway, the Quest is a good option.

iriebride
05-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Hi Trina,

I lived in Chicago for 4 yrs b/c I went to optometry school there. How funny...Giordano's was the first pizza place I've ever eaten there (when I was interviewed) but Gino's East is my favorite!

It's DH's first time to Chicago. I'm going back to visit my friend in Round Lake (50 mi north of Chicago) who just had a baby and was diagnosed with colon cancer. Then, I have a 2-day seminar to attend at my old optometry school in the city. Another friend of mine is a student there and she's getting free tickets to some of the museums for us. I'm sure DH will bring DS to the Children's Museum at Navy Pier while I'm at my seminar.

Hey, what part of So. Cal are you from? I grew up in San Diego but now living in Bakersfield. I know what you mean about the museums in Chicago...nothing compares. Um, I take that back...nothing compares to the Louvre in Paris when it comes to art. I was there in '96 and was in awe!

Joyce
EDD 12/27/05
Zerick 7/3/03

Nooknookmom
05-05-2005, 10:04 AM
I live in Glendora, about 7 miles east of Pasadena. Small town vibe - yet close to the action if I need stimulation, LOL.

Have a GREAT time on your trip. Eat pizza for me!!!!!!!!!