PDA

View Full Version : Valco owners...all those straps in the back??

bcafe
05-04-2005, 08:08 PM
Ok, I know the webbed straps with the black plastic buckles are for
seat support, but what are the 2 black straps with silver rectangle
buckles for? Also, I assume the 1 strap with the three silver buckles
is to keep the stroller closed, but only the first buckle is closest
to the rivet to secure mine. Does this make Any sense :) Thanks,
Betsy

MMEand1
05-05-2005, 09:03 AM
With the toddler seat on, we can only use the first hole on the strap to close ours, too.

The straps with the rectangle buckles are to be wrapped around the frame. I guess it is for more support of safety, or something (???). My DH figured that out due to the instructions being so poorly written. Hope you get it figured out. Let me know if you need more direction and when I get home I can try to explain it better when I see it IRL (I'm at work now and don't exactly remember where they go).

Hope that helps you some...
Mariah P.

bcafe
05-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Thanks, I am really frustrated by the lack of response here. I know there are a lot of other runabout owners. I also posted on Swap, but I guess no one finds my subject interesting. Anyway, I am still not understanding the rectangle buckles...how do they wrap around the frame? I hope I don't sound like an idiot, but you are right, the instructions are almost worthless. Thanks again,
Betsy

pablohoneysf
05-05-2005, 02:30 PM
bump..

It's a really good question, Betsy I'm glad you posted it since I was wondering the same thing. Thinking about emailing Valco to find out when they get back from holiday next week

lmariana
05-05-2005, 03:38 PM
Thanks for posting this Betsy. I'm awaiting my new Valco right now, so I'll be curious to check that out. Have you tried calling a Valco retailer? They might have an answer for you too!

Mariana
Owner of HappyDayBaby
Mother of Gabriel, 08/2003
www.heinzandmariana.com (personal site)

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030814/1/5/0/-5/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/051024/0/21/1/-5/.png

bcafe
05-05-2005, 06:58 PM
No, I guess that would be the easy way LOL :)...There are a lot of straps back there!

Cloth4Baby
05-05-2005, 10:06 PM
The two smaller black straps are used to secure the fabric seat to the frame. It should keep the seat more stable when going over bumps. I wrapped the strap around the frame (below the seat) and threaded it thru the opening in the buckle. There is a picture in the manual (very poorly drawn)which shows this.

Good luck!

MMEand1
05-06-2005, 07:15 AM
Yep, that how you do it! The silver buckles have a little slit in them and the strap goes through the little openings in the buckles. Sorry you are having so many problems, but once you get the stroller out on walks and such, you will see that it is worth it. It really is a great stroller!
Mariah P.

Hippoharbor
05-13-2005, 07:56 PM
I just received my RA this week and, so far, really do like it. However, it is supposed to have 4 recline positions. There are the 4 zippers in the back which seems that they would only give 2 reclines...don't you have to unzip the same zipper on each side for 1 recline each?
If anyone can explain this recline mechanism I would REALLY appreciate it.

Beth568
05-13-2005, 09:18 PM
I have a new Runabout and I *think* this is what they're talking about with the reclines, but maybe not:

Recline 1: both straps undone in back, both zippers down all the way (reclining way back)
Recline 2: bottom zipper zipped up, top zipper down (still quite a recline)
Recline 3: both zippers up, no straps fastened, so more upright but still some leverage
Recline 4: both zippers up, both straps fastened in back (very solid straight upright)

Does that make sense? I think the difference between the last two positions is subtle, but still there, because when I strapped those back straps they were very tight.