PDA

View Full Version : Need help with double strollers...

Kayla
05-05-2005, 07:59 PM
I am expecting, and my first will be about 19 months when her younger sibling is born. Having spent the last year and half trying to figure out single strollers, I feel totally lost when it comes to choosing doubles, so some expert advice would be appreciated.

Some pertinent information:

My 18 month old is a very big girl, at 30 pounds, and 75th% for height. She still rides a lot.

I have a Zooper Sport which I haven't been so happy with. In hindsight, I think a P3 would have suited us better as a single.

I also have a Micro that I keep in the car. I like having a comfy, larger stroller for walking in the neighborhood (no sidewalks) and a lightweight for in and out trips, so I'm assuming that I'll need 2 double strollers too. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

heatherlynn
05-06-2005, 06:07 AM
I'm in the same boat: I'm expecting in November and my 2 youngest will be 15 months apart. I finally had my single stable pretty well figured out and then bam! welcome to the world of double strollers! Anyway, I'm planning to get 2 strollers - a swivel wheel and an umbrella. Here's my list of choices I've compiled of pros/cons (for me anyway):

Swivel choices:
*Valco Twin - pros: comes w/ a lot of accessories; cons: somewhat new, a few inches longer than MBUD
*MBUD - pros: fantastic steering, love my MBUS; cons: short canopy, expensive, doesn't come w/ accessories
*Baby Jogger (coming out in July) - pros: ?; cons: new/unproven

Umbrella
*Combi Twin - pros: trays, fold, lightweight; cons: Combi "feel", seat sloped even in most upright position
*Mac Twin Traveler - pros: Mac quality, steering, expensive; cons: heavy (although 2004s are lighter)
*Inglesina Twin Swift (really don't know much about this one) - pros: price; cons: some say not suitable for newborn
*Silver Cross Micro Twin (coming out in June) - pros: ?; cons: new/unproven

Hope this helps some! Good luck and let us know what you decide. Oh, I'm also keeping a Zapp for a single because I can keep it in the van w/ a double since the Zapp folds so small. I am loving that stroller!

H-
Heather
dd 3/98
ds 8/04

Kayla
05-08-2005, 01:45 PM
Thank you so much for the reply! Those are basically the same ones I've been considering, with the MBUD and the TT in the lead. What's holding me back is the price on the MBUD and the weight on the TT. Those factors are making me wonder about the need for both strollers.