PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal??? I NEED HELP SOON!!!!!

LuxyBebe
05-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Gently used Bugaboo stroller w/ all the parts that came with the box in Navy blue for $625 s/h included? Dh's friend who's out of state knows a lady who wants to sell hers ASAP to me or she has other offers. We have been looking for one but I found out today from Bugaboo CS that the FROG will be entirely discontinued once the last one is sold to make room for the Cameleon due out this September. My baby is due in 3 months. I asked CS if they knew if the prices for the Frog would go down but she said they will NOT. My question is should I wait till the cameleon comes out and buy a used frog then since maybe the resale value would go down or should I just gobble up this deal? Keep in mind there are no extra accessories just what it came with. Is this a good deal?? I need HELP for this is a HUGE HUGE purchase for us right now and she nees an answer ASAP!!!! thanks Ladies!!! I appreciate all your input.

-Kim

dules
05-06-2005, 06:52 AM
How well do you trust this person? You save about $100, and potentially lose the warranty and don't know the history of the stroller - where it's been stored, how it's been handled, etc.

IMO it's not worth it to save $100. You can get it online, new, free shipping no tax, for $729. BUT if this is someone you know and trust, and you want the navy, then it should be fine.

Good luck!

Best,
Mary

MomTo5
05-06-2005, 08:25 AM
You aren't really saving that much and you have no idea how well its been taken care of. They have them at Babystyle for $729 with free shipping to first time customers and you can pick any color that you want. I think that is the better way to go since you really don't know what kind of shape its in and will no longer have the warranty. HTH.

http://www.babystyle.com/common/dProductDetail.asp?PMId=13235&SIND=1&dept=36&cmCL=geardept-standardstrollers&cmPG=

Melissa

LuxyBebe
05-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Ok thanks ladies. I passed up the deal and with no guilty conscience. I think I will wait till after the baby arrives and then try to find a deal on a Bug through ebay. Maybe by them they'll start to liquidate them online to make room for Cameleon and I can get a good deal???? One can only hope. Thanks everyone.

-Kim

dules
05-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Good plan...but make sure that, even then, you buy from an authorized retailer to be sure you get your warranty info...and watch for specials from online retailers...coupon codes, % off, etc. that can save you big, combined with free shipping and no tax.

Best,
Mary

LuxyBebe
05-09-2005, 12:45 AM
Thanks Mary. I will keep an eye open for those online deals! Wish me luck!!

-Kim