PDA

View Full Version : A little strange- strollers I sold on ebay

writeleigh
05-05-2005, 10:34 PM
I sold two of my strollers on ebay. One my Bumbleride Flyer, and also my Pliko (2003) Metalica. What's odd is, they both sold for the same price! I thought for sure the Bumbleride would sell for more. The woman who bought it got a great deal because the stroller was in pristine condition and used only twice.

I had to clear out some space for the gently used Emmaljunga I just got . . . and also leave space for my SC Micro :D

Susann
05-05-2005, 10:55 PM
One reason might be that the Bumbleride is a new product and people don't want to pay for an unfamiliar product.
Also the bumbleride is a big stroller and, dare I say, most people are attracted to lighter/smaller strollers.

I have noticed that the Peg Peregos don't sell very well on Portland's Craig's list but joggers are sold as soon as they are listed. And when I sold my PP on Craig's list, I got numerous e-mails from people who have never heard about Peg Perego and that's why they were not willing to buy one.

Just my rough guess.....

Susann

writeleigh
05-05-2005, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I also noticed on Craigs List Atlanta, joggers go immediately!

loveofmylife
05-06-2005, 04:25 AM
I think I saw your stroller on Ebay. I am impressed on how much you sold it for. I also just sold my 2003 pliko on Ebay, the stroller was barely used sinced I have used my mac techno so much more and while getting the stroller ready for shipment I realized the wheels were rattling. So I had to order new wheels ($26)from Peg Perego because I had not noted the condition of the wheels on the auction. In addition, I had the "buy it now" offer at $100 and a buyer bought it immediately. Now I wish I had just waited for a higher bidder, since with the new wheels I only made $74. I was able to sell my 2005 MBUS for a great price though. I am new to this ebay thing so I am learning.

By the way, that buyer got an awesome deal on the bumbleride stroller.

writeleigh
05-06-2005, 08:29 AM
I make mistakes too when selling- I actually miscalculted how much the Bumbleride would cost to ship, so I made less of a profit on it. But it kind of evens out because the Perego is being picked up, so I know I won't mess up with shipping it. I should have taken them to a shipping place for an estimate, but it's hard when I really have only one day a week to run errands and the like without Liam (who quickly tires of errands).