PDA

View Full Version : Peg A3 recall?

dianna
05-06-2005, 01:24 AM
I went to compare the Venezia and the A3 at my local USA Baby tonight. I had been there a couple weeks ago and seen them both, but wanted to get another look.

When I didn't see the A3 on the floor, I asked about it. The salesperson told me that Peg recalled the A3s it had already sent out because they were having problems with the wheels falling off!

She said they were fairly sure there were very very few that ever got to consumers and they would be replacing the A3s in 3-4 weeks to the stores.

Has anyone heard this?

Dianna

MamaKath
05-06-2005, 02:05 PM
I hadn't heard that, but did notice I was having a hard time finding them online the other night. Peg's site gave very minimal information beyond a picture and all the US sites that were selling no longer seemed to have them listed.

My guess is it is an unofficial recall. It just means any that haven't been sold go back to be fixed/changed/ etc before they actually make it out of the store. It avoids the obscene CS problem Maclaren (2003 Techno; http://www.maclarenbaby.com/US/pages/news.html ) and Combi (early Twin Savvys) created a few years ago with their strollers and design flaws. Hopefully it will be easily fixed and they will head right back out to stores.

MEEandBaby2B
05-06-2005, 03:30 PM
We went to Buy Buy Baby Wednesday night to have another look. While one of the saleswomen was showing it to us, she remembered seeing the recall notice come in that day and checked with her supervisor. They immediately pulled it off of the floor and showed us the recall. It is indeed from Peg Perego concerning a flaw with the wheels. It is not from the CPSC. A new version will be shipped in 3-4 wks. Since Buy Buy Baby just received them less than a week ago, I would agree that there are probably very very few that made it to consumers. I am now glad we didn't win that Ebay auction Tues night.