PDA

View Full Version : How long did your baby face you in the stroller?

racerl1
05-06-2005, 09:38 AM
I am still trying to decide between the Peg Perego Venezia and A3. We prefer the steering of the A3. Since we don't need the boot, the biggest question now is whether we need the reversible handle versus the reversible seat. I understand that the reversible seat will only allow a child to lay flat while in that position, while the reversible handle allows the child to lay flat or sit up. I’m trying to decide if this feature is only necessary while the baby is very small or if I would need the reversible seat for an older baby to face me. My question is how long did your baby enjoy being able to face you in the stroller?

lmarcam
05-06-2005, 10:48 AM
A much shorter period than you would imagine. My baby was ready to look at the world instead of me at 2.5 months. IMHO most babies don't need the reversible option at all if you can use your stroller as a travel system, or better yet, it has a bassinet option.

HIU8
05-06-2005, 11:51 AM
DS faced me for 2.5 months, at which point he grew out of his infant carrier. He loves to face the world - much more interested in that than looking at me at this point (he is 5.5 months).

Heather

MamaKath
05-06-2005, 01:35 PM
My kids have gone in phases with this. DD faced me until about a year or more and then often still enjoyed to do so, though would also enjoy facing out. DS enjoyed it until about 11 months, but as the second child he also had his sister to look at and talk to.

Most folks have found that their baies like to see them again between 6 or 9 months when the separation anxiety really hits. And many of us who have had toddlers ride have found they like to chat and interact with mum on a walk (StrollerQueen actually mentions this quite often about her kids).

HTH~

almostamom
05-06-2005, 02:23 PM
The reversible handle is my favorite aspect of my Venezia. DS is 6 mos old. He's pretty content either way, but I change him depending on the circumstances of where we are (ex. we live in AZ and I like that I can switch him around so the sun is not in his eyes.)
~Linda~
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/25049.jpg

dules
05-06-2005, 02:55 PM
My daughter still likes to face me at 17 months. We "chat" as we stroll and it's great fun for both of us.

Best,
Mary

EagerlyAwaitingBaby
05-06-2005, 03:59 PM
DD is 3 months old and loves to be propped up in her Venezia (the second lowst position). But she HAS to see me! I bought the P3 thinking babies only liked to see mommy for a short time. Not true for all babies. She detests her carseat, so that wasn't an option. At first I just placed her in the P3, but outings became me pushing the P3 wiht one hand and holding her in the other. I bought a Venezia and the problems stopped. She is soooo happy. The Venezia is the best stroller ever! We love the boot too, even though it is May.

ShaniB123
05-07-2005, 01:10 AM
DD is almost 7 months old, and she still faces me in the Bugaboo. My mom has a P3 for me to use at her house, but when I do and I cannot see DD, it feels lonely to me.

kath0469
05-08-2005, 09:01 PM
I don't remember what stroller I had when DD was a baby, she's now 9! But it had a reversible hand and we used it often until she grew out of the stroller! We loved to face each other and chat, sing songs, and just laugh and play. Other times, when she was tired, or when the sun was in her eyes, I'd face her the other way.

I don't have this feature now and REALLY miss it!

jackie_justin
05-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Hi Robin! DS grew up with the Venezia and still loves it at 6months. Since the beg. we switched for.& rev. all the time and he loved both. The best thing about having this option is like the other mommmys indicated, to be able to switch around when the sun is hitting the baby's face. Love my Venezia! :)